Android App That Automatically Shut Down Apps Which Aren't Used

zanshin777

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I want an android app which automatically shut down apps which aren't used.

For example I want to set time to 5 minutes then the app shuts down the apps which aren't used for 5 minutes.

Is there an app like that?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
a. Not that I have ever heard or seen
b. If there were such an app, it would almost certainly require root access
c. As discussed here often, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to "shut down" apps. Android manages its memory and cpu just fine without this sort of "help".

zanshin777

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
c. As discussed here often, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to "shut down" apps. Android manages its memory and cpu just fine without this sort of "help".

But there are task killer apps that shut down apps. However I want the app especially do it automatically for non-used for 5 minute but active in the task screen apps.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
But there are task killer apps that shut down apps. However I want the app especially do it automatically for non-used for 5 minute but active in the task screen apps.

They are not "active", they are merely resident in memory. They are not consuming power, or data (unless you have them configured to do that - like weather or news apps), they are simply there. Like something sitting harmlessly on your kitchen counter.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Everything I read...app killers are bad. Android runs itself. You shut down App...android will open another it's place. Best leave it alone. Clearing cache it's fine I read

Posted via the Android Central App

darknk

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I looked for this too since both Facebook and Instagram seem to burn 10-15% of my battery doing nothing(all options turned off). Try this:

Google this: Greenify, the Android Battery Saver, Now Supports Unrooted Phones

Sorry can't do links yet.

It's not automatic on non-root, but it has one button to turn off a list of apps you choose.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I looked for this too since both Facebook and Instagram seem to burn 10-15% of my battery doing nothing(all options turned off). Try this:

Google this: Greenify, the Android Battery Saver, Now Supports Unrooted Phones

Sorry can't do links yet.

It's not automatic on non-root, but it has one button to turn off a list of apps you choose.

They are not "doing nothing" - they are constantly calling home, downloading ads, whatever. They are both crap apps and you'd be far better off without them; just use their web interfaces instead.

darknk

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree they are crap. Those were examples though, examples that kind of prove Android doesn't control apps as well as it should. Greenify helped for me, I was just helping the OP.

Edit: I wanted to add that I wished google would allow us to chose a stricter background policy a la apple. There shouldn't be "rogue apps" at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

WieserSony

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I want an android app which automatically shut down apps which aren't used.

For example I want to set time to 5 minutes then the app shuts down the apps which aren't used for 5 minutes.

Is there an app like that?
you may create an scheduled timer activating the OOM Task Killer ( Androids Implentment ) oder just installi xposed installer and framework ( Custom Recovery needed ! Not recommended for newbie Users or at least Google many many tutorials !!!!) installiert Greenify Beta and enable the wished options

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Greenify works differently than ordinary task killers and is less harmful. But it is actually beneficial in few situations. I have personally not found it made a significant difference. Use it carefully and sparingly.

Appxone

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Of course . We can make this app.
Just contact our company. Appxone , Software Company expert in Apps
You can find us with these words on google "App developer Karachi"

or just click here to contact us:
App Developer

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members