Can't purchase apps outside of US

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So, it seems that I cannot purchase apps from the Android market that are outside the US. I tried 3 different credit cards and they all say "Unusable for this purchase."

The credit cards work fine for apps purchased in the US (where I'm located.)

Are there any solutions for this?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Call your credit card company. There's probably a safety restriction on it for protecting your card from making fraudulent charges.

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Call your credit card company. There's probably a safety restriction on it for protecting your card from making fraudulent charges.

I called 2 of my credit card companies, they both said there aren't any restrictions and it's either the problem with the app market or the merchant.

You can try market enabler. Chose a US carrier as it trick the phone into thinking you're in the US:)

I AM in the US...that's the problem, it won't let me purchase apps outside the US. :)

EDIT:
Ok...I found a credit card that worked. One of my Mastercards is able to make purchases...strange that I have another Mastercard that won't allow it.

Last edited:

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue. I have tried a Visa and a Mastercard. I've called both institutions, and they say that they are not blocking anything. I have purchased things in foreign currency before with both. However, the Market will not allow me to do it.