Rakuten credit being refused - Purchase not eligible

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else get their rakuten credit refused from the purchase of the S24? Of the many years I have bought samsung products during pre-ordering phase, I have never had Rakuten rejected because, according to them, it was not eligible for cash back. I got immediate notification of the successful shopping trip when I purchased the phone, and I got the confirmation email as well. And now they are telling me that another coupon was used that could have invalidated the credit. The only coupon that was used was the Samsung $200 pre-order credit and my Samsung reward points credit.

Is anyone else having this issue?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I still have $74 in credit from the S23U in my ratuken account. They keep saying I'll get paid but never do.

All you can do is try to keep emailing and sometimes eventually they will give it to you. It's a pain, hence why I didn't even bother with them this time around.

To be honest, I think the promo deal is suppose to cancel the ratuken discount, but people get both by bugging ratuken over and over. Maybe ratuken is finally getting better communication from Samsung. As I said, just keep emailing them is about all you can do

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been told (yet) it's not eligible, but it's still pending. I emailed, they asked for the invoice about a week ago, and I'm waiting. This is the first year I've had an issue. I got my quarterly payment for other purchases as usual.

Reactions: PhabPhan and jtfwTX

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been told (yet) it's not eligible, but it's still pending. I emailed, they asked for the invoice about a week ago, and I'm waiting. This is the first year I've had an issue. I got my quarterly payment for other purchases as usual.
I'm in the same boat. Still waiting to hear back. I've never had this issue previously either. I am definitely not going to quit until I get my credit. No other coupons were applied during my order and checkout.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, I got mine with 1 week. Do you have the microsoft rewards installed on Edge or any other rewards extension?? One year I had issue where activated Rakuten and Bing also was on so got rewards from there instead.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. After they denied me, I told them to review their records again because I didn't use any other codes. They stated that it was Samsung that is denying the cash back due to the use of another code (pre-order credit). But they will credit me the cash back just this one time.

Looks like no more rakuten for me when it comes to Samsung pre-orders. BOOO!!!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. After they denied me, I told them to review their records again because I didn't use any other codes. They stated that it was Samsung that is denying the cash back due to the use of another code (pre-order credit). But they will credit me the cash back just this one time.

Looks like no more rakuten for me when it comes to Samsung pre-orders. BOOO!!!
Glad to hear you got it. I'm sure Samsung is the ones that deny it and probably because of the promo during the pre-order, I'm guessing any promo is suppose to cancel the ratuken deal. Obviously Samsung and ratuken need to get better at communicating this, such as at check out have a pop up and say you can't use both promos.

Today my $75 for my S23U from last year is suppose to mail out. I'll believe it when it happens

Reactions: PhabPhan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000