Why Not Update Gtalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Google could do it.

It already lets you send files to friends who are offline, sending the files once they are back online.

They would just need to add in delivery confirmations, and the ability to send files/images. Bringing over group chat would be as nice feature as well.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Bringing over group chat would be as nice feature as well.

Is this about GTalk (desktop app)? or the Talk app on our Android phones?

I use the Talk app on the phone for group chat all the time.. just hit Menu-Add when you're talking to someone to get another person in..

(if the comments are about the desktop app, then, why is it here in the Android forums??)

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
personally i like it, and wish that more people used it. no file sharing is a setback, but i like the ability to chat within gmail on desktop - makes continuing chats from phone seamless when i get to work.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Google could do it.

It already lets you send files to friends who are offline, sending the files once they are back online.

They would just need to add in delivery confirmations, and the ability to send files/images. Bringing over group chat would be as nice feature as well.

You can send files over Google Talk on your phone? I don't see a menu option for sending files. I can only chat. How are you doing this?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
To each their own I always say, but Talk already does group chat, and Gmail works really well for sending files.

I'm already concerned how big the Talk app is going to be once they port video chat back to 2.x devices. I have no desire to have to start worrying about app size again now that I've left the BlackBerry platform.

NyStrongest

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think we have to worry about app size on most android devices. On blackberry you always had to, most had crap for memory. But yet if gtalk was updated to show if messages we're delivered n sent plus file sharing it would be the ultimate cross platform chat device not just only on android

Reactions: uforgot1

arlana619

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like for Google to update Gtalk to correct the force close issue whenever a group chat is started (Android 2.2). I know I can't be the only one who has a problem with this. Anyone know of a fix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer