Why WhatsApp?

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Years ago when there were no options WhatsApp is the only app you can text each other for free. It is only good to replace SMS as it doesn't have features that makes life easier.

Everyone keeps telling me that WhatsApp is very good because it is very convenient and easy to use. However nobody has told me the meaning of this convenient and easy to use. I'm actually finding it more confusing to use as work groups use it to the extent that I get lost in the process.

How is it do you find it convenient to use?

How is it easy to use?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
In not sure what your trouble is to be honest. Whatsapp is the most basic messaging app I've used. It's the best medium for us when someone is overseas, log into WiFi at hotel /cafe and away we go. We have a family group we use the general chat and we chat individually, share pics and vids.. Perhaps if you tell us what you find confusing and we can talk you through it.

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
In not sure what your trouble is to be honest. Whatsapp is the most basic messaging app I've used. It's the best medium for us when someone is overseas, log into WiFi at hotel /cafe and away we go. We have a family group we use the general chat and we chat individually, share pics and vids.. Perhaps if you tell us what you find confusing and we can talk you through it.

Don't all chat apps work just on WiFi? They all have better features than WhatsApp so far I only found kik to have less features than WhatsApp.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which messaging app doesn't work on WiFi I'm just curious to know. Coz all those I've heard and used before works on WiFi.
All the messaging apps work on both wifi and mobile data networks.
The catch is that true SMS-only texting apps are only mobile data.

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How about messenger from facebook very easy to use

In what sense is it easy to use?

I find it the same with all other apps. But I keep hearing this but nobody can give me an explanation how is it WhatsApp is easy to use and others are not.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
In what sense is it easy to use?

I find it the same with all other apps. But I keep hearing this but nobody can give me an explanation how is it WhatsApp is easy to use and others are not.
Is anyone actually saying the other apps are not easy to use?
Normally what others say is that app X is just as easy to use as app Y and app Z.

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone actually saying the other apps are not easy to use?
Normally what others say is that app X is just as easy to use as app Y and app Z.

Yes, all my friends and family says WhatsApp is easier to use but nobody can tell me why. They also say that WhatsApp is convenient, but also nobody can tell me why or give me an example.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, all my friends and family says WhatsApp is easier to use but nobody can tell me why. They also say that WhatsApp is convenient, but also nobody can tell me why or give me an example.

It's relative.

Easy to use over what?

SMS and MMS are ancient. They were never designed to handle how we message today. SMS is text only. And not a threaded group message. To get threaded group messages, MMS is being used. And MMS is being used to share media - pictures and videos. But quality sucks. ESPECIALLY with video.

WhatsApp and other messaging apps handle group and media messages, even cross-platform (iOS to Android and back) much, much better than MMS ever could. And in the specific case of WhatApp, it's tied to your phone number. You can invite people to download the app with a message and you can see which of your contacts is already using WhatsApp. You don't have to create a username. You don't have to be friends on Facebook. You don't have to know their Gmail address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila