Sometimes my job requires me to send text messages to all of our employees, but some of them, for various reasons, can't receive or read MMS messages. It's also annoying when they reply and everybody in the group gets a dozen texts saying "okay" or "I'll be there" or worse, something private that wasn't intended for the entire agency.

So I'm looking for a texting app that will let me enter all my recipients, then send the message to each person individually as a regular old SMS text. I used to use Go SMS Pro for this, but even though I paid for the app sometime ago, it continues to push ads and nag me to buy their latest themes, and I have to make it the default app every time I use it, then uninstall it so I can use the stock texting app (otherwise I keep getting reminders from Go to make it the default app). To add insult to injury, the last time I used it, half the texts didn't get delivered and I had to use the stock app to send out a group MMS after all.

Thanks! I'm using a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 (regular, not Edge, Plus, or Active) running Marshmallow.
    12-12-2016 02:27 PM
    I use Textra.
    It gives you the options for replies to go to everyone or only to you.
    Just my $.02

12-12-2016 03:37 PM
    I question whether texting is the correct medium for your purposes, but that is a different conversation.

I, too, use Textra, which has the abilities you desire. That said, I am pretty sure that all of the big-name SMS apps will do what you need.
    12-12-2016 03:54 PM
    I work for a small-town, low-key agency that supports adults with disabilities to live in their own homes, and our staff are scattered at houses all across town. We have always maintained a casual family-style atmosphere. Texting meets our communication needs just fine other than the group MMS issue. But thanks for your concern.

I've tried Textra before and didn't like it, but I can't remember why not, so I've downloaded it again and will try it out. Thanks, everybody!
    12-13-2016 05:13 PM