How to get rid of the "My apps" malware

LuiTheKang

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello all, I hope you can help me to deal with my android malware - I've searched many forums and I haven't seen anywhere mentioned this problem.

I have bought a phone - UMI Diamond, Android 6.0 - from EU store.
Its fast, its good, it works well.

But time to time the following things happen:
- in Security settings the installation from "Unknown sources" switch is turning on automatically (Avast perceives it and suggests to turn it off immediately, but doesn't blocks it...);
- appears (automatically installs) an application named "My apps", which has access permissions to everything, has some internet usage and like 10MB data storage use;
- after unlocking the phone a whole page covered ad appears to install some different applications;
- clicking somewhere even in a trusted application opens Chrome with a new page, redirects to a page very similar to the Google Play to install an application (always an other).

I reviewed my phone with different anti malware and virus applications - none find anything.

Can you please suggest me something to get rid of it?

Many thanks in advance,
Lajos

--- EDIT:

I have finally found users with similar problem with UMI Diamond phone on UMI Community Forum
and there I have found the solution:
UMI COMMUNITY-UMi Diamond-Release : Umi Diamond Custom Rom Kleenex Edition :) - Powered by Discuz!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same issue with my previous Blackview phone. Thing I did is I installed different firmware on it and since then all suspicious malware apps were gone. I have done quick Google search about your phone and I did not find any ROM but official one. In that case you could try reinstalling it. You can find ROM and custom recovery on needrom.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty