Unknown Icon on Samsung Note 4

brian61

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone seen this icon before. It looks like a battery and is red. I just starting seeing it recently and don't recall downloading any new apps, however it is possible. When I click on it it tells me how much free memory i have and how many apps it killed. It goes away after awhile and does not re appear until I restart the phone. thanks

Attachments

• battery1.PNG
    battery1.PNG
    125.1 KB · Views: 25
  • bat2.PNG
    bat2.PNG
    100.2 KB · Views: 25

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a 3rd party app. Samsung's own app manager doesn't show like that, and that icon is horribly placed and not fitting the OS. Do you see a notification for it or you can 'click' on the icon itself (that would be even weirder)?

If you see a notification, long-press it. It should let you see the app info and then you can find the culprit. If you boot your phone into safe mode and it goes away, then you definitely know it's an installed app.

brian61

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
Thank you both. Yes I thought it was an app as well, but haven't downloaded anything new. I had searched all the apps and didn't see one related to battery life. When Javier said memory I searched again and found a Ram Booster. I removed it and the icon appears to be gone, lets hope that was it. Thank you both very much for your prompt responses.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both. Yes I thought it was an app as well, but haven't downloaded anything new. I had searched all the apps and didn't see one related to battery life. When Javier said memory I searched again and found a Ram Booster. I removed it and the icon appears to be gone, lets hope that was it. Thank you both very much for your prompt responses.

Glad you found it. Some apps activate 'new' features that sometimes are just annoying ads or ways to make you open their app, so even if you installed the app long ago, if it updated and changed a setting or defaulted to showing that feature, that would explain why you weren't seeing it before.