Slacker Radio business practices

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering buying a year subscription to Slacker Radio. After 6 years with Sirius radio, I am finally fed up. Their prices increased (taxes and music royalty fee), they now charge for online listening which was free, you cannot cancel or modify your account online, and finally...the customer service is outsource and very poor because of under trained staff.

Slacker Radio seems like a good alternative. Cheaper, and I can listen on my phone and in my car.

Can you cancel an account online? How is their customer service? Do they require automatic renewal without notice like Sirius?

Thanks. Boycott Sirius.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few of the paid music services (Pandora, Slacker, Last.fm). Pandora and Slacker's music selections got to be repetitive. Last.fm was my favorite of them all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chrisy

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Which slacker are you looking at? They have free, Plus, then Premium. The Plus (3.99/mo) just takes away ads, lets you skip as many tracks as you want, and cache stations. But the premium (9.99/mo) adds quite a bit of functionality, such as being able to play artists/songs/albums on demand and custom playlists. The normal

Even the free version allows you to create a custom station by adding artists and stuff (and it will play those artists and similar, which I like better than Pandora's "one artist" stations.

Anyways, I've never had an issue with it getting repetitive once I used it awhile and started favoriting and banning things (like the thumb up/down Pandora has).

Just my two cents. I do like Last.fm as well.

Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get Plus. $10/month is not worth it to me. The sound is really good when plunged info the aux in my car. I was surprised!

I was getting Sirius for $7 a month, so anything less than that is a bargain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall