Cannot change the volume of my music playing through car with Android auto connected via usb

Jamiefrost94

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
When android auto is connected via charging cable and the android auto interface takes over my car screen (Mercedes Benz A-Class 2017), i have absolutely no control over the volume, it is stuck at whichever volume the phone was set at when i plugged the cable in, in order to change the volume of the music i need to unplug the device from the car turn it up/down on thr handset and then plug it back in... Neither the volume control on the car nor the Huawei handset alter the volume at which the music is playing. I have contacted Huawei who claim that this is a normal feature and there's nothing they can do. I cannot come to terms with the notion that android would set up a car connect system which does not allow the user to control the volume, or even whether or not the music is playing, without unplugging it - this would be very dangerous should someone attempt it whilst driving and begs the question what the purpose of having android auto as an on screen interface is if it's most popular feature cannot be controlled - do I really need to know tomorrow's weather whilst driving? Someone tell me they have a solution or i'll be sending the handset back within my two-week 'cooling down' period and going back to apple!

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You need to get the basics out of the way. Forget and repair both devices(car and phone) from and to each other.
Uninstall android auto , then clear your cache partition and reboot. Download a new copy of Android Auto.
If the volume issue persists, you'll have a different set of things to do and choose.

JS23

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Have the exact same problem with my Pixel 3 and a 2018 Acura MDX. Did you find a solution. Will try deleting everything and starting over.