Enable dialer while connected yo android auto

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So... When Android auto is connected. Samsung disables the dialer on the phone. This didn't happen on my Pixel 6. Is there any way to get the dialer back. I have wireless AA and sometimes the phone connects to it even if the car is off. I know it's strange but it does. When that happens, if I am on a call, it switches to AA and I cannot switch back to phone as the phone app disappears. Note: I have an aftermarket dongle to enable aa wireless on my car and it retains power for half hr after car turns off and that is how my phone will connect even when my car is off. Unplugging and replugging the dongle each time defeats the purpose of having aa wireless.

Siddiqim90

Apr 3, 2022
Visit site
Stock factory radio on various cars with factory aa built in. I have Toyota, and Ford. I have rented Cadillac and VW all have the same thing. When AA runs, you can only manage call from the AA interface and not the phone itself

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Stock factory radio on various cars with factory aa built in. I have Toyota, and Ford. I have rented Cadillac and VW all have the same thing. When AA runs, you can only manage call from the AA interface and not the phone itself
AA been having issues for long time , if you do this by USB cable you still have a issue?

Siddiqim90

Apr 3, 2022
Visit site
Cable or not, I don't think it is an issue. It only happens on Samsung phones and I think they disable it by design. On my Google pixel, I was able to control the call from my phone while connected to AA. On Samsung, the call control screen (the one with buttons like, hold, mute, merge, hang up) disappears and I can only control it from AA interface

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34