Been thinking of getting it - thing is 2.1 already includes a news and weather widget. Other than appearance, what, if anything, are the advantages of Beautiful widgets vs the stock widgets?

What do they do when you "click" on them? I do like the new news/weather widget and what it does. I might consider Beautiful Widgets if its that much better in terms of performance, appearance, and flexibility.

Thanks.
    04-13-2010 11:28 AM
    skins..I personally like the animation BW provides when you select the weather, plus the additional widgets it gives you (wifi, bluetooth, silent, vibe, gps, brightness, ect...)
    04-13-2010 12:08 PM
    They are more configurable than the standard 2.1 widget. They also look better. For 1.49 Euro it's pretty darn cheap - what the heck.
    04-13-2010 01:43 PM
    I was using Beautiful Widgets for a while, and the widget really works great. However, I just want the weather - I don't want the clock at all. Unless I was missing something, it never had an option to have just the weather.

Now I'm using Weatherbug Elite.
    04-13-2010 03:56 PM
    I figured I'd give it a shot... wish there was nice battery widget in with that collection - I like the home screen app but the rest.. meh.

The PowerBar that comes stock already does a lot of what Beautiful Widgets does.
    04-13-2010 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD