Google Music Beta app growing in size

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The Android Market says the Google Music Beta app is 3.8 MB, but I know it might require more room than that on my phone. The issue I'm having is that the app itself keeps growing and growing in size. The only thing I can think of is that it's somehow related to the number of tracks I've uploaded to Google Music.

The app itself is now occupying 14.61 MB on my phone, up from 14.02 this morning and up from around 7 MB not long after I originally installed it a week or two ago. The problem is that my phone is a stock LG Optimus S, which doesn't have a lot of built-in memory, so an app pushing 15 MB (and continually growing larger) that can't be moved to the SD card is problematic.

Does anyone know A) Why the app continues getting larger and larger? and B) What I can do about it?

Thank you.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The Android Market says the Google Music Beta app is 3.8 MB, but I know it might require more room than that on my phone. The issue I'm having is that the app itself keeps growing and growing in size. The only thing I can think of is that it's somehow related to the number of tracks I've uploaded to Google Music.

The app itself is now occupying 14.61 MB on my phone, up from 14.02 this morning and up from around 7 MB not long after I originally installed it a week or two ago. The problem is that my phone is a stock LG Optimus S, which doesn't have a lot of built-in memory, so an app pushing 15 MB (and continually growing larger) that can't be moved to the SD card is problematic.

Does anyone know A) Why the app continues getting larger and larger? and B) What I can do about it?

Thank you.

Cache growing? I'm not familiar with how google music works, but it's possible that it's caching track titles or album artwork. Are you able to clear the app's cache in settings/manage applications

pattavino

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to revive a dying horse here but I too am having the same issue. Well I guess its not an issue but it is an issue to me as mine is taking up 20 MB of internal storage on my HTC EVO 4g. I have searched high and low for answers but have found none. I have posted to Google's help site but no reply. Has anybody figured this out other than uninstalling the app? I also have never turned on the cache music option so that shouldn't be the issue unless that is the issue and may be a bug. But I would think that they would store the cache on the sd card not internal memory. I have 9500 songs uploaded, I am also wondering if the 20 MB are related to the tags and cover art for all those songs.

The next thing I am wondering about is the ability to move the google music app to the SD card and take the 20 MB with it. I know I can do it with titanium backup but will the widget still work for it, all indications point to no but not completely sure.