Sony Xperia 1 IV - Android Auto Help

NBREATHE

Jun 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi there - I hope you can help.

Android Auto does not work on my new Sony Xperia 1 IV. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, clearing memory and cache, resetting device and resetting the car multimedia head unit.

Worked fine with previous handset - Samsung Galaxy ZFold3 256GB.

Description of problem: appears to connect. Prompts on phone show in line with previous experience. I can then access AA settings/options on my phone. However screen in my car just displays all green. Sound plays, so infers some sort of display issue. Even after enabling developer options within android auto and forcing alternate screen resolutions, the problem persists. Due to no issues with 3 previous handsets, logical conclusion is that this is a phone issue.

Travel for work so something this simple could be a deal breaker for me.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there - I hope you can help.

Android Auto does not work on my new Sony Xperia 1 IV. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, clearing memory and cache, resetting device and resetting the car multimedia head unit.

Worked fine with previous handset - Samsung Galaxy ZFold3 256GB.

Description of problem: appears to connect. Prompts on phone show in line with previous experience. I can then access AA settings/options on my phone. However screen in my car just displays all green. Sound plays, so infers some sort of display issue. Even after enabling developer options within android auto and forcing alternate screen resolutions, the problem persists. Due to no issues with 3 previous handsets, logical conclusion is that this is a phone issue.

Travel for work so something this simple could be a deal breaker for me.

Welcome to the forums. I have a 2016 Ford Fiesta, and I don't need to launch AA to get it on my head unit. I just plug my device in, and use the AA that's integrated in the OS of the car. I think I did try AA once and my screen was blanked out.

NBREATHE

Jun 19, 2022
Visit site
Hey - thanks for your reply.

To confirm, what you're suggesting is exactly what I'm trying to do, and always have done with every other phone I've used. Just plug it in, and away you go.

The blank green screen I'm getting is on my head unit, not on my phone. I plug my phone into the car and when it would normally just launch the integrated AA and crack on, instead the entire display just goes green and nothing happens. Still works with old phone doing the exact same thing, and works with my wife's phone, just sends it doolally when I plug my phone in.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey - thanks for your reply.

To confirm, what you're suggesting is exactly what I'm trying to do, and always have done with every other phone I've used. Just plug it in, and away you go.

The blank green screen I'm getting is on my head unit, not on my phone. I plug my phone into the car and when it would normally just launch the integrated AA and crack on, instead the entire display just goes green and nothing happens. Still works with old phone doing the exact same thing, and works with my wife's phone, just sends it doolally when I plug my phone in.
You have the factory head unit or something else? If not factory, then which one? Any firmware updates for the head unit?

NBREATHE

Jun 19, 2022
Visit site
You have the factory head unit or something else? If not factory, then which one? Any firmware updates for the head unit?

Hi Laura

Yeah everything's factory.

Not sure about firmware updates for the car - believe this can only be done by the dealer. Though odd that it works with every other phone I've tried other than mine! Could be worth checking out.

Car / head unit make & model: Toyota Aygo 2019. X-Touch multimedia factory head unit.

Phone make & model: Sony Xperia 1 IV

Android OS version: 12

Android Auto app version: 7.6.621734

Google Play services version: 22.21.16 (190400-454906765)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Laura

Yeah everything's factory.

Not sure about firmware updates for the car - believe this can only be done by the dealer. Though odd that it works with every other phone I've tried other than mine! Could be worth checking out.

Car / head unit make & model: Toyota Aygo 2019. X-Touch multimedia factory head unit.

Phone make & model: Sony Xperia 1 IV

Android OS version: 12

Android Auto app version: 7.6.621734

Google Play services version: 22.21.16 (190400-454906765)
Have you tried stopping by the dealer to see if there are firmware updates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez