Android Auto Setup

Jadzia2000

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the Pioneer 7100nex for my vehicle and I have a Samsung note 4 Smartphone. I installed the Android Auto App, however, once I plug in the usb the app shows that Stop and says that setup will resume when vehicle is parked.

My vehicle is not moving. I even turned it off and just pressed the ignition to start power to the vehicle, but not the engine.

I even pulled the park brake and the app is not seeing it.

Any suggestions on what I can do next? The unit does see my device, but won't do anything until app is ready to setup.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to completely setup the app before plugging it in for the first time. I've never received the "the vehicle must be parked" message. Is that coming from the phone or the head unit?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jadzia2000

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
It's coming from the phone itself.

How do you set up the app before plugging it in? All I see is that screen about safety info and keyboard language etc.

But once I plug it in, the unit thinks my car is moving.

I have android 5.01.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

How do you set up the app before plugging it in? All I see is that screen about safety info and keyboard language etc.

I have android 5.01.
I remember having to do a series of steps to get it set up when I first plugged it in, but I don't remember them now. I think it was just agreeing to warnings and such and hitting next on the screen.

This is what my screen of the app looks like:

46d3dbe4bface7bb51186f3901348bca.jpg

I just start up the app, plug in my phone and an android auto icon shows up on my head unit (2015 sonata oem unit).

I have android 5.01.
I remember having to do a series of steps to get it set up when I first plugged it in, but I don't remember them now. I think it was just agreeing to warnings and such and hitting next on the screen.

This is what my screen of the app looks like:

46d3dbe4bface7bb51186f3901348bca.jpg

I just start up the app, plug in my phone and an android auto icon shows up on my head unit (2015 sonata oem unit).

A few other things that might be causing a problem :

Make sure you have usb debugging on

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

I have android 5.01.
I don't remember it now, but there were a series of prompts on my phone when I first opened the android auto app and it wasn't paired to a car. I think it was just safety messages and such that you just had to hit "next" to.

That's what my screen looks like as well (with safety info and keyboard settings).

I'm thinking you didn't finish setting it up somehow and it won't let you try and set it up while driving.

Jadzia2000

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but I don't even have that option.

I know that I can set up the android somehow, but I was wondering why the app thinks my vehicle is moving when it's not?

Is there something I need to do with my park brake other than to pull it up? I do have the vehicle stick in park mode as well.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but I don't even have that option.

I know that I can set up the android somehow, but I was wondering why the app thinks my vehicle is moving when it's not?

Is there something I need to do with my park brake other than to pull it up? I do have the vehicle stick in park mode as well.

In sorry, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe someone else has an answer for you. Since it is an aftermarket head unit, maybe a wire was crossed in the install?

Jadzia2000

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
My head unit says that Android Auto will connect when safe to do so.

I've been reading around the net and maybe the wiring to the park brake needs to be grounded?

But I don't know how to do that and I called the company that installed the unit but they claim they already grounded the wiring.

I also did the park brake bypass feature where you press on the screen to read "set on".

I'm just stumped.

Pete Bennett1

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I know this original post has been nearly a year and a half, but were you ever able to get Android Auto to work? I just installed a new Kenwood reciever in my Honda. AA gives me that same =message you were getting. I know there is not an issue with the parking brake being grounded, because the Kenwood doesn't connect to the parking brake- there is not wire for it in the wiring harness. It just seems to be a glitch with AA. Was hoping you had gotten around it and would share how.

Bill Dubois

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I just installed a kenwood into my daughter's car. It does have a parking brake wire. it is seperated from the harness. If I remember it is a single light green wire with a push on connection and an extra long same color wire to connect to the brake wire.

Jadzia2000

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I did manage to get Android Auto working. My installer had a little switch for grounding underneath my dash and didn't tell me about it.

I told him that I was really close to getting Android Auto to work and then he brought up this switch. Found the switch and it worked like a charm

Only issue is the volume. My volume for google search and media volume are extremely low.

rebootfl0k

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I did manage to get Android Auto working. My installer had a little switch for grounding underneath my dash and didn't tell me about it.

I told him that I was really close to getting Android Auto to work and then he brought up this switch. Found the switch and it worked like a charm

Only issue is the volume. My volume for google search and media volume are extremely low.

Just wanted to thank you for this. I messed around with my new AVH4200 for a couple of hours before finally getting Android auto working. First, the installer I went to had the USB cable plugged into the wrong usb port on the back of the unit (USB 2 was the correct plug) and I opened up my glove box to find the Parking break switch just like yours. I am now enjoying Android Auto!

Sony Xperia Z3 with Android 6.0.1 concept software.

canvasCanvas

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Please allow me to make it even more clear to anyone with the "android auto setup will resume when the car is parked" issue:

This is not a bug made by Google, the smartphone manufacturer, or the head unit manufacturer.

Android Auto will not allow you to complete the setup on a bypassed head unit. You have to keep the normal wiring configuration in order to finish the setup.

If your head unit allows you to watch video while driving (no "caution" screen displayed), then it should be a bypassed one. Some car audio installer may do the bypass without telling their customers.

When the Android Auto became stupid and didn't see my parking brake engaged, I just told the car audio guy to remove the bypass and it solved the problem perfectly. I did not do anything with my phone or the software settings of my head unit.

DSTG

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
The problem for me on my 4200NEX isn't setup. I have a microchip bypass on mine and it setup and operates just fine, until I get to the 6 press limit. Thing is, even if I'm stopped, with parking brake on, AA still think I'm moving. The radio however does not, and AA, if even gets movement information from anything other than GPS, doesn't have a wire running to it to tell it directly whether or not the parking brake is engaged. The radio tells it that otherwise, and the radio tells it that indeed, the brake is on.

maltyone

Jun 24, 2018
Visit site
Re:Fix for the parking brake "safety" interlock

I have a light green wire that controls the safety switch. Ground that wire with the unit and vehicle ground wires and the system thinks the parking brake is engaged. To do that you just have to strip a small amount of insulation from the light green wire and connect it with the ground wires that you connected during installation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12