How can I see list of all albums downloaded to phone via Google Play Music while using Android Auto?

A

AC Question

How to see list of all albums downloaded to phone via Google Play Music while using Android Auto?

Hi all,

I have a 2016 Honda Civic and I have a Galaxy S4, which I primarily connect using Android Auto. When I play music using Google Play Music, how can I view a list of all my albums? I only see the following options: Radio, playlists, frequently played, and I believe one more option that I cannot recall. When using Spotify through Android Auto, I am having no issues viewing all my albums, as an option is available. Thanks!

Matobo

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I think that's the safety nazis at work - you're not to be trusted with the task of choosing your music.

Dunno if they'll change it - in the meantime, you have to stick stuff in playlists.

One other thing - you can use the recent activity option to see albums you've recently played.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to see list of all albums downloaded to phone via Google Play Music while using Android Auto

Hi all,

I have a 2016 Honda Civic and I have a Galaxy S4, which I primarily connect using Android Auto. When I play music using Google Play Music, how can I view a list of all my albums? I only see the following options: Radio, playlists, frequently played, and I believe one more option that I cannot recall. When using Spotify through Android Auto, I am having no issues viewing all my albums, as an option is available. Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever figure this out?

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Android Auto locks out the phone; except it doesn't really.

You can by swiping down from the top still access your phone functions. So you could still search or chose an album
not available on the AA interface.

Of course this isn't safe and I would recommend if your considering it that you have the phone in a mount.

I have to be honest this is one of the things which annoys me about AA- that we are limited to 5 touches before it locks us out due to safety.
CarPlay does NOT do that so I can browse everything I have or new music very easily...but CarPlay isn't as good an overall experience and consider that I have both an iPhone and Android so I can use either one and I always use AA.

joepav216

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to see list of all albums downloaded to phone via Google Play Music while using Android Auto

I also have a 2016 Civic. How do you like yours?

I'm frustrated by this too, but a fairly easy workaround is to make a playlist of each album you might want to listen to. A bit of a pain if you like to pick what you want to listen to on the fly instead of doing some work in advance, but it's something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress