Music Library Browsing

Hawkmo0n

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
It may only allow full browsing while you're parked, since browsing your full library would get very distracting while you're driving.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Even parked. Cannot browse everything. This feature is suppose to be have been rolled out for a while. I've never seen it. Everything is up to date too.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes that is what is advertised (that you can only browse while parked) but that isn't the case for me.

Regardless of being parked or not I can not see Albums or Artists - like this:

https://twitter.com/rwarner/status/717093763424890882/video/1
That looks like the Spotify interface, not Google play music. There is no album/artist section in the Android auto interface in Google play music, parked or not.

What the "browse while parked" feature does is let you scroll through the entire list without stopping you because of the tap limit.

Andrew DeFaria

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
My experience is that I cannot scroll when stopped say at a red light. I'm guessing "parked" means not only not moving but engine off and perhaps parking brake engaged. They should allow you to scroll indefinitely while stopped, engine running and at say a long light.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My experience is that I cannot scroll when stopped say at a red light. I'm guessing "parked" means not only not moving but engine off and perhaps parking brake engaged. They should allow you to scroll indefinitely while stopped, engine running and at say a long light.
I've been able to scroll at a red light by putting the car in park and waiting a few seconds for it to register. That may depend on the car and how android auto determines that the car is parked vs stopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa