Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Which app are you using? Can't you find a magnifying glass top right or the 'search' option in the three dots menu?

Poppybill

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Android Central app from Google Play Store. I'm on Pixel C, but I also just downloaded app on my Samsung phone and I do not see a magnifying glass there either. App is not showing a three-dots menu. It has a three-bars menu on the left, but no search there.

Poppybill

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Even in Chrome - there is a magnifying glass in top menu, but it is a general search, not a search of the forum thread. So how do you use this forum?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Even in Chrome - there is a magnifying glass in top menu, but it is a general search, not a search of the forum thread. So how do you use this forum?
They are making some changes on the site so it's possible that some options will not work as expected for a couple of days. Try the Android Central forums app or Tapatalk, much better to access the forum from mobile.

Poppybill

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Strange. Remove the app from recent apps overview, clear cached data in settings - apps - Android Central and try again.

In general I prefer the Android Central Forums app to access the forums. The main app is very limited for this.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.quoord.tapatalkacf.activity&token=-KGJ5wSX

This is how it looks in my phone. I used the word 'search' so your thread should be the first entry. :)

View attachment 252975View attachment 252976
I switched to the AC Forums app and the search feature is there. Thanks for that tip!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Javier. I have tried both AC Forums app and Tapatalk, and both work fine including the search function. Thanks for the tips!
Glad it helped! I don't use the AC main app much. From ACF and Tapatalk you can also read the blog articles, the only limitation is that you can't comment on them.