Will you ditch Android?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It is quite obvious Windows Phone 7 is coming, and fast! With a mess of devices announced by HTC, Samsung, and even LG... My question to you is: Will you leave Android for a WP7 device? As of now everyone is saying it is fast, however the dev department could go flat...

Just a question... my answer:
I will never leave Android, especially for a platform that is so new, if I ever wanted a WP7 device, I would have waiting for the HTC HD7 and I wouldn't have jumped for the G2.

Thoughts?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Never say never :)

I have no plans on leaving Android but who knows with W7 down the line, it would have to prove itself. Competition can only benefit the consumer.

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Never say never :)

I have no plans on leaving Android but who knows with W7 down the line, it would have to prove itself. Competition can only benefit the consumer.

+1. Now that Android is facing more competition, there's more pressure for Google to make Gingerbread really worth it. If Gingerbread can't compete with WP7 or the iPhone then most likely I will jump ship.

minimalposter

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow - reasonable answers and on a forum no less!

I do love my HTC EVO but I also really enjoyed webOS. I have the same loyalty to an OS that it has to me ... so I will be buying what best suits my needs (and wants) when I am ready for the next upgrade (although never a MS product :p ).

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well... in my honest opinion, Froyo looks to be about right for competition, it works and it has a lot more features than WP7. Gingerbread is just going to improve Android and make it way better, nothing has been missing for Android.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow - reasonable answers and on a forum no less!

I do love my HTC EVO but I also really enjoyed webOS. I have the same loyalty to an OS that it has to me ... so I will be buying what best suits my needs (and wants) when I am ready for the next upgrade (although never a MS product :p ).

+1 on what suits my needs! As for never using an MS product, I go where it best suits me (said that already, didn't I).

I run W7 on the laptop and the desktop, no problems, as a matter of fact, can't remember ever having a problem with W7. As for smartphone and WM5-6.5, now that's where I'd draw the line. Hated using it so bad I jumped to Blackberry. Had fun there for a couple of years and then Android showed up. I let it simmer for about a year or better and then jumped on a DX and haven't looked back since.

So moving WP7, can't say that I won't, can't say that I will, got to let it simmer for awhile. :cool:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
please post in the correct section of the forums. thank you

as for my response on this topic. i don't think i will ever leave android. is it possible, sure it is but highly unlikely. Android is open source which is a strong benefit on it's side. How open it really is as of lately is another story but still it is open enough and more than it's competition. that hacking that can be done, the apps that are in the market and the speed at which the updates are pushed out are pretty outstanding if you ask me. Microsoft is making a huge effort with their new phones and that really makes me want to know what they are bringing to the table in the future of these new devices. Microsoft is purely about how they can make a buck and don't care about the cost, an this is their biggest down-fall. their previous customer base seems to feel betrayed in a way. hell, i would too if i was promised all these great things for older windows mobile phones but then found out they changed their mind and process.

it is always going to come down to personal preference but android such a rapidly increasing market share that i think it is going to take something above every device out now to put a dent in it.

Reactions: ChaosShadow

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Microsoft is purely about how they can make a buck and don't care about the cost, an this is their biggest down-fall. their previous customer base seems to feel betrayed in a way. hell, i would too if i was promised all these great things for older windows mobile phones but then found out they changed their mind and process.

That's what I call hittin the nail right on the head. I love my EVO, and have no intentions of leaving Android for a LONG time. ESPECIALLY not for WinMo. No thanks

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That's what I call hittin the nail right on the head. I love my EVO, and have no intentions of leaving Android for a LONG time. ESPECIALLY not for WinMo. No thanks

It's not WinMo. It's a whole new OS.

I'm not married to any OS, but I can't imagine leaving Android for WP7. I like "tinkering" with my phone and Android is well suited for that.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I tend to like to try out new things. I plan on taking a short Hiatus from Android, see how WP7 is, then decide if I will be returning. We shall see.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Certainly not. There's a slight possibility I'd get an iPhone in a year and a half if Verizon has it. But it's a SLIGHT possibility. At this point, my Fascinate runs circles around the iPhone, so I assume Android is just going to keep getting better. WP7 is definitely not a consideration.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not leaving. My reasoning is that Android does everything I need it to right now. When I first saw the WP7 screens I really liked the UI's look, but as time goes by, it's a little more ordinary and I wonder if it would just end up being boring to me after a few months. I like the fact that I can make my Android phone look radically different fairly easily. I'm not giving that up right now.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I will always consider leaving one platform for another because my needs are constantly evolving. I'm hoping that in two years (once my Sprint contract is up) I can jump to the iPhone "6".

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Google will need to streamline certain things and control other things a bit more, but other than that... I don't have any problems at all with Android. WP7 doesn't really entice me at all, it just seems... lacking. You'd think that a heavy Xbox Live user like me would like all the connectivity to such networks that WP7 could offer would be a major deal to me, but... nah.

I like Android. And I think I'll like it more in the future.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I was a die hard WinMo fan but WP7 does nothing for me. While earlier versions were too business heavy for many users, the WP7 goes too far in the worng direction. Too many Toy/Kiddie features you can't get rid of.

I like Android, you can make it Toy/Kiddie, strictly Business, or a combination. With or without root you can make it anything you want.

Never say never but I'm very happy with Android for now.

yaggermr

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I love Android but the comments that M$ is just in it for the money make me laugh. Of course they are in it for the money and so is Google. I'll switch to the best Os . Competition is good for consumers. Google doesn't equal good guys and Microsoft equal bad guys. It's not that simple I know Android is open source but it wasn't created to benefit users it was created to make Google money. P.s. I don't think Google is wrong , it's worked great and it's a great product.

king5697#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will try WP7 when Sprint gets the supposed "Touch Pro 3", for my work phone. My personal phone shall remain Android.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

aabritt

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Android is too awesome to pass up on. I'd rather.....well I'd rather just stay with android then to grab another OS system.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk