12-17-2019 10:23 AM
46 12
tools
    And going wireless charging only.

kevin.m.seals likes this.
    12-06-2019 08:38 AM
    And going wireless charging only.

Uh-oh, oh boy. Wireless only is not exactly a great forcing user to do this option. But then again that's not what Apple is about.
    Golurk likes this.
    12-06-2019 09:51 AM
    Wireless is a convenience but if the coil fails and there is no port.......?
    12-06-2019 06:56 PM
    just a scheme to add another 100 bucks to the cost of the phone.
    Golurk likes this.
    12-06-2019 07:13 PM
    We should all have choice with how we charge our devices. Forget iTrash.
    Golurk likes this.
    12-08-2019 01:03 AM
    Haha, I was just thinking the same exact thing!
    12-08-2019 06:51 AM
    Yeah I agree . I would prefer it just to be an option. Instead of the only way to charge a phone, if they go that way
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    12-08-2019 07:09 AM
    Yeah I agree . I would prefer it just to be an option. Instead of the only way to charge a phone, if they go that way
    Yet another thing to make fun of Apple and their users for and promote Android.
    12-08-2019 05:28 PM
    Until Google copy them the next year with the Pixel 6
    12-09-2019 03:09 AM
    Until Google copy them the next year with the Pixel 6
    Haha, at this point, every company copies each other. No company is truly innovative. it's just that each company from an OS and a hardware perspective do things differently but they all have similar features at the end of the day
    12-09-2019 06:43 AM
    Carrying a wireless charger around isn't as convenient as the standard cube unless the charging pad is small and magnetically attached.
    eric002 likes this.
    12-09-2019 08:54 AM
    But then again, Apple doesn't do many things for the consumer that are convenient. Only convenient for the company not the customer.
    12-09-2019 08:58 AM
    But then again, Apple doesn't do many things for the consumer that are convenient. Only convenient for the company not the customer.
    Well if they make it small and attachable like a watch charger it may not be an inconvenience.
    The other thing that comes to mind is does this impact the ability to use wired headphones?
    12-09-2019 09:15 AM
    Well if they make it small and attachable like a watch charger it may not be an inconvenience.
    The other thing that comes to mind is does this impact the ability to use wired headphones?
    Ooh that is a point. And a good one. Not everyone likes Bluetooth.
    12-09-2019 09:47 AM
    Yes, very true! I mean with the lightning port now, there's an adapter for old school traditional wired earbuds. Without a lightning charging port, you don't have that option!
    12-09-2019 12:01 PM
    Haha yes my significant other is one. I just bought her for the holidays the first generation AirPods. She's traditional she doesn't use advanced tech.
    12-09-2019 12:01 PM
    Apple just wants everyone to look like that one scene in "There's Something About Mary."
    eric002 and Kirstein Gourlay like this.
    12-09-2019 12:09 PM
    Why would they do this? I feel like a lot of people still like to charge in the car and I don't have a wireless charger there. Unless it's built into the car, most wireless charger holders for the car are not my thing. To be honest I only use wireless charging at night, otherwise I'm always plugging into a power bank or my car. It's not really convenient to be using a wireless charger if using the phone at the same time either.
    12-10-2019 10:18 AM
    I guess it's a bit too soon to take those rumours seriously. I think they will keep some kind of port on the final design. We'll see.

The port discussion reminded me of this old joke. Maybe a new dongle?

me just saying likes this.
    12-10-2019 10:38 AM
    I guess it's a bit too soon to take those rumours seriously. I think they will keep some kind of port on the final design. We'll see.

The port discussion reminded me of this old joke. Maybe a new dongle?
    I totally agree. one article I read about this said it might happen in 2021 so there is nothing definite - but it is still fun to discuss
    12-10-2019 12:04 PM
    Wireless charging is less efficient than wired meaning lots of wasted energy as heat. Just let the environmentalists catch wind of this. Lol
    eric002 likes this.
    12-10-2019 12:56 PM
    Wireless charging is less efficient than wired meaning lots of wasted energy as heat. Just let the environmentalists catch wind of this. Lol
    Wireless inductive charging = cutesy fun way of charging devices!
    12-10-2019 07:18 PM
    nothing would happen. think how much is lost between the power plant and you. Actually I wasted too much energy when I was using wire. too much time trying to plug it in, unplug it and the stress of forgetting to plug it in. wireless saved a lot of my energy :-) so there is a balance
    12-11-2019 04:39 AM
    nothing would happen. think how much is lost between the power plant and you. Actually I wasted too much energy when I was using wire. too much time trying to plug it in, unplug it and the stress of forgetting to plug it in. wireless saved a lot of my energy :-) so there is a balance
    That power line loss happens regardless of if you use wired or wireless, so that's a moot point. As for forgetting to plug in, I've never had that issue. It helps if you turn on the setting to show the percentage in the notification bar.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-11-2019 07:05 AM
    That power line loss happens regardless of if you use wired or wireless, so that's a moot point. As for forgetting to plug in, I've never had that issue. It helps if you turn on the setting to show the percentage in the notification bar.
    Exactly.
    I see this as a boneheaded move if true. Battery life, while vastly improved by Apple, isn’t a week or something where you wouldn’t have to worry about charging that often. Definitely not something I’m buying into.
    12-11-2019 08:44 AM
46 12