OnLive Video Game Streaming App Now Available!

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tried pairing a PS3 controller to this app? I tried it using the sixaxis app. It DID work to some degree. I got it working pretty well with Lego Batman using the keymapping in the last post here by salfer:

New Onlive app and controllers - xda-developers

I tried the trial version on batman arkham city but the same key mapping didnt work other than the left analog stick. Im assuming the controller just has to be mapped right in the sixaxis app.

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... playing over WiFi doesn't drain the battery for me, but my home WiFi is fairly slow. Playing over LTE is flawless, zero noticeable lag (although technically it's still present). I really should stay on WiFi, but... It's sooooooooo tempting to play on 4G :p I'll just buy a spare battery for my GNex.

Oh yeah, what's your gamertag or username or whatever OnLive calls it?

My WiFi Connection is 25MBPS down and 25MBPS up, so I prefer WiFi over my 12MBPS down 7MBPS up AT&T "4G" XD

My Gamertag or whatever is oct2006, same as AC username.

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tried pairing a PS3 controller to this app? I tried it using the sixaxis app. It DID work to some degree. I got it working pretty well with Lego Batman using the keymapping in the last post here by salfer:

New Onlive app and controllers - xda-developers

I tried the trial version on batman arkham city but the same key mapping didnt work other than the left analog stick. Im assuming the controller just has to be mapped right in the sixaxis app.

I have not, but now that I know it's possible I am trying it :D

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I got it semi working on Just Cause 2 by changing the button map. It wasn't playable though sadly.

I think it just has to be mapped to emulate the buttons you would use an a keyboard/mouse. My problem is I dont know what keys do what on a keyboard playing those games.

But its promising that the PS3 controller actually does work somewhat.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Getting a PS3 gamepad working wouldnt be such a big deal for me if I can play Onlive on my PC. But my PC is too crappy to handle the graphics apparently. I hate my computer. lol

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Getting a PS3 controller working on a PC is no problem. With the phone though, You have to know the keys mapping of the computer. That's what I worked on for about an hour. All I got was the character moving and the grappling hook working.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi Connection is 25MBPS down and 25MBPS up, so I prefer WiFi over my 12MBPS down 7MBPS up AT&T "4G" XD

My Gamertag or whatever is oct2006, same as AC username.

Lol, your WiFi is my 4G. My home Wifi is 4-5MBPS down, 1-5MBPS up. School and work connections are faster, but I can't game when I'm studying or working :(

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Getting a PS3 controller working on a PC is no problem. With the phone though, You have to know the keys mapping of the computer. That's what I worked on for about an hour. All I got was the character moving and the grappling hook working.

Hmm. I wonder why all the buttons didnt work if you mapped them to the same keys as a keyboard. Maybe it just really isnt supported. I guess I have to wait to play Batman Arkham City. I thought Onlive was going to be my solution. :(

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I seriously hope onlive becomes more popular. I have a blast with it on my PC, and am glad we get an app for the android now :)

I think it will now that its on Android. Most people, including me, had no idea this existed for Computers until it was announced on Android. I just hope they are working fast to fix this bug though.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
In case you guys didn't know, OnLive has promised to make ALL of it's games touch enabled eventually.

WOW, that's not small job. I personally think it should be up to the developers to make their games touch-enabled. OnLive has enough on their plates as it is. If the devs make their games touch-enabled, they'll get more sales. Although given that OnLive has done some pretty insane deals (any game for a buck) I'm sure their deal with the game devs is that with ever sale OnLive will pay them the same amount of money, so it doesn't after to the devs wether their games are touch-enabled or not.

Androoid

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Getting a PS3 gamepad working wouldnt be such a big deal for me if I can play Onlive on my PC. But my PC is too crappy to handle the graphics apparently. I hate my computer. lol
Onlive streams the games and such to your PC, so you can have an old Pentium II with a NVIDIA 256 graphics card and you'll still be able to run it. (If it can handle the screen of course xD)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez