Darts game

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not having played it yet, I still think having to aim by touching the screen and then"flicking" the phone would be the closest to real darts. Exactly how you flick, direction and speed, should determine the darts path just like that was your arm tossing the dart! This would make it require some skill. i:)i

BNA

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Not having played it yet, I still think having to aim by touching the screen and then"flicking" the phone would be the closest to real darts. Exactly how you flick, direction and speed, should determine the darts path just like that was your arm tossing the dart! This would make it require some skill. i:)i

This shoot method it is very difficult to aim properly, and the device was in danger XD.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No, you aim by selecting the spot on screen. I mean using the accelerometer to "toss" it.
That determines how much force is used etc... I can envision it but cannot seem to describe it properly. :)
Never mind.. :)

BNA

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
No, you aim by selecting the spot on screen. I mean using the accelerometer to "toss" it.
That determines how much force is used etc... I can envision it but cannot seem to describe it properly. :)
Never mind.. :)
I sent to you a mp yesterday.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got it, sorry about that. I will download it and give you any feedback.

Got it... Okay I am going to be honest here the controls are really bad.

First what is with the wind option? Darts is an indoor game, there is no wind. Take that out. :)

Second I cannot seem to aim this thing at all. I see nothing on screen to let me know if I am aiming it and I cannot get it to shoot the dart higher than the bottom of the screen no matter how much I tilt it. I tried tapping the screen, nothing.

The control is bad, I really think it needs to be redone.

I do like the graphics of the dartboard. The darts themselves could use some work, maybe even have various options later on.

I would work on the control first. You need to get realistic physics in there as much as you can.

I think this will be a really good game once the control is worked out.

You are doing a great job so don't give up! :)

Last edited:

BNA

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got it, sorry about that. I will download it and give you any feedback.

Got it... Okay I am going to be honest here the controls are really bad.

First what is with the wind option? Darts is an indoor game, there is no wind. Take that out. :)

Second I cannot seem to aim this thing at all. I see nothing on screen to let me know if I am aiming it and I cannot get it to shoot the dart higher than the bottom of the screen no matter how much I tilt it. I tried tapping the screen, nothing.

The control is bad, I really think it needs to be redone.

I do like the graphics of the dartboard. The darts themselves could use some work, maybe even have various options later on.

I would work on the control first. You need to get realistic physics in there as much as you can.

I think this will be a really good game once the control is worked out.

You are doing a great job so don't give up! :)

Hi,

You can disable the wind in the game selection screen, the wind make more difucult the aim.
There is a pointer but I make it invisible because if you can see where the dart will going it is very easy to aim.

In next versions I try to implement another type of pointer to make it a little bit easy.

Regards

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know you can disable it, it is just weird for an indoor game i:)i

You don't need another pointer, you need a new input/aiming method.

These are just my opinion of course, it is your game in the end. All I can say is what I would like as the end user. i:)i

Last edited:

BNA

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I know you can disable it, it is just weird for an indoor game i:)i

You don't need another pointer, you need a new input/aiming method.

These are just my opinion of course, it is your game in the end. All I can say is what I would like as the end user. i:)i

No problem mate, I note your suggestion.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
To promote my game in the forum the first person who posted in this thread, I gift to him the game.
Regards

Actually I purchased the game i:)i

I am only mentioning this again since I never gave any specifics on how it should be. Only IMHO of course i:)i

So I think the input should be to press and hold the screen, then move the "spot" to where you want to launch the dart from. Once that is marked you then flick the phone to launch it using the accelerometer to adjust how much force is put into the toss taking in consideration the gravity drop. This would make it different each toss requiring some skill. Just the way I would like to play it. i:)i

In later versions maybe even add some movement to the spotting as well, have the "spot" hover and move with the phone, then you flick when you want to toss the tart.

Last edited:

BNA

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Anybody what? You did not ask anything :)
Anybody wants the game freely XD

The method that you explain it is very diffucult to the "casual game".
In the begging of the develop I tryed to implement this method and the results was not good.

This I do not understand "In later versions maybe even add some movement to the spotting as well, have the "spot" hover and move with the phone, then you flick when you want to toss the tart. "

Sorry about my English.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anybody wants the game freely XD

The method that you explain it is very diffucult to the "casual game".
In the begging of the develop I tryed to implement this method and the results was not good.

This I do not understand "In later versions maybe even add some movement to the spotting as well, have the "spot" hover and move with the phone, then you flick when you want to toss the tart. "

Sorry about my English.

I only meant a feature you could play with later on in which the way to move the spot would be using the phone and not have to touch the screen at all.
Don't worry about it. :)i

No problem man, just make it the way you want. It is your game, not mine. i:)i

One fast suggestion then; How about a way to flick across the screen to toss the dart like bowling games do? I am just trying to help i:)i

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sheeh, you really want to give this away. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew you did not want any sales :)

You can pay me back if you really want to i:)i

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez