[GAME] [FREE] Off-Road Racer 3D

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=klb.off.road.racer&token=2RIa7SWi

My first 3D game for Android. Hope you like it :) . Will update it in the future :) .

Off-Road Racer 3D is a classic racing style game where the player goes head to head with other rival racers. Get behind the wheel of your truck and race as fast as you can to beat the AI racers to the finish line. Buy other trucks and buggies to improve your odds of winning the race and finishing first, thus earning more points which are used to unlock other tracks and vehicles.

Currently the game has 3 vehicles(2 4x4 trucks and one buggy) and 3 tracks - one in the desert, one in the forest and the other on a winter course(more cars and tracks to come soon).

Features:

-3D racing game
-2 trucks and 1 buggy make the game really fun
-2 tracks with beautiful scenery
-Simple and fun controls
-Classic style racing game

Last edited:

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you :) . I've tested it on some devices, like Galaxy S3, Galaxy S6 and even a low-end tablet Alcatel Onetouch PIXI 3 (7) and even on the tablet it runs with almost no lag :) . Will update it in the future :)

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much, I try to optimize it so that it's both beautiful and working flawlessly both on high-end and lower-end devices. As my first 3D game(and first time developing a game with Unity) it is not perfect, but with time I will optimize it even more :)

New gameplay video :)

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yes - with Unity :) !

Here is an example of slowing down time, written with only a few lines of code. If it works on a real device I will share it, if someone wants it :D

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Seems pretty cool! The game itself seems quite well designed, but I would advise you work on your UI a little bit. For example some custom fonts and non-default buttons would look nice!

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone :) . About the UI - yes, will work on it after I optimize the controls and all that stuff, so that it works on most devices, thank you :) .

guizmmmmm

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I just installed it. It's an impressive game !
I think as well you should make a better looking UI but I know how much we developers are all getting nuts by thinking at the so many things to upgrade everywhere anytime. So keep it cool and good luck for your sales !

guizmmmmm

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
If it's your first Unity game, how many time did you take to make it ?
Mine took me almost 8 months and it's funny because my expectations were like : "oh give me 15 days". :confused:

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks :) . The game took about a month or so, but I've had previous experience with Game Maker: Studio and other app development for Android so Unity seemed not that hard. Some video tutorials, forum topics and other materials contributed very much :) . The hardest part was the AI(but Unity comes with scripts, which help you very much) and mobile optimization. Every step of making the game I was thinking how this part, that I am doing, is going to affect lower end devices. Well, as a first game, I can't make it work on all devices, but it seems to handle itself amazingly well... even on iOS and older devices like iPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3. I love Unity now, will buy the professional edition in the future for sure :) .