Optimus S "WAS" running CM, now it just shows black after logo

policetac

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this "was" an Optimus S from Sprint many lifetimes ago.
Bought off of eBay, it was the first of my phones.
I ended up selling it to a neighbor who recently returned it asking for my help in restoring it.
(Apparently someone "pressed some buttons, I'm guessing RomMgr) And now all it does is flash the LG logo for a second, but then goes to a "black" screen and sits there.
It "WAS" running CM9 w/xionia, but I can't get it into any type of recovery.
The SD card does NOT have the OS (ROM) on it, and I have no way of turning on USB debugging.
So, if I try and access the phone with or w/out the SD card, I get the same "Please insert disk."
Any ideas???
Thank you

policetac

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
About the only thing that makes any sense to me would be that somehow the (I guess what we used to call the BIOS) became damaged. Or, that the ROM has, but has done so in such a way as to take the Boot Manager and/or some other crucial line of code out of service with it as well. Thereby causing the phone to simply continue being "stuck."
Because of this, as I said earlier, there is no way to even connect it via PC as no programs will recognize the device (No USB Mode - Although the PC does recognize it as an Android, it/or the PC will not allow it to be opened either with/or without an inserted SD card.)
I also do not think that the system is even going far enough to load anything off of an SD card, but I guess what I'd like to know then is this...
Is there any "line of code" or "program bundle," or ROM, SDK, ADK, SOS :) that can be placed onto the SD card that will "take care of the problem?"
Ok, what about a hardware fix?
Thanks again.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
One question... Can you boot into recovery (home+volume down+power). Hold that combo and release when recovery loads. And tell me if it is stock or custom.

Stock will just have a green android with a red triangle and a few options to choose from(I believe 3 or 4).

As long as you can it IS recoverable, you just need to use a temporary device to download the ROM to the sdcard.

Sent from my paranoid s3...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty