I have a Samsung Note 8 running Android 9. I have an analog clock widget on my home screen that I want to run constantly. It uses battery. I don't care.

Recently (maybe after a system update), I started getting notices throughout the day that the app has high background battery usage, and offering to put it to sleep to prevent background battery use. In the app's settings, I have it set to Allow background activity; but I keep getting these nagging warnings.

Is there another setting to check? Did Samsung decide I shouldn't be able to do this? Any help greatly appreciated!
    11-10-2019 10:21 PM
    Hi, if you don't care it eats battery then should be a setting in device care to turn app that have high usage warning
    I have a Samsung Note 8 running Android 9. I have an analog clock widget on my home screen that I want to run constantly. It uses battery. I don't care.

Recently (maybe after a system update), I started getting notices throughout the day that the app has high background battery usage, and offering to put it to sleep to prevent background battery use. In the app's settings, I have it set to Allow background activity; but I keep getting these nagging warnings.

Is there another setting to check? Did Samsung decide I shouldn't be able to do this? Any help greatly appreciated!
    11-10-2019 10:24 PM
    Hi, if you don't care it eats battery then should be a setting in device care to turn app that have high usage warning
    Brilliant! Device care > Battery > Settings > App power management tab, Notifications: Get notified about apps using power in the background. I turned that off, so hopefully that fixes it.

I have no idea how it got turned on in the first place. I've had widgets like this forever and not gotten these notifications. Anyway, thank you very much for your excellent help!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-10-2019 10:34 PM
    Brilliant! Device care > Battery > Settings > App power management tab, Notifications: Get notified about apps using power in the background. I turned that off, so hopefully that fixes it.

I have no idea how it got turned on in the first place. I've had widgets like this forever and not gotten these notifications. Anyway, thank you very much for your excellent help!
    Your welcome !
    11-10-2019 10:38 PM
    Does this solution mean that it won't alert you for ANY app that is using battery? I get regular notifications about HD Widgets (home screen clock/weather) and Note Buddy (light saber sounds when I remove/insert S-pen). I don't care; I want those two things working all of the time.

BUT if some app goes rogue, I'd like to know. I really want a way to "whitelist" those two apps, but still get notifications if something goes haywire...
    11-11-2019 02:25 AM
    Does this solution mean that it won't alert you for ANY app that is using battery? I get regular notifications about HD Widgets (home screen clock/weather) and Note Buddy (light saber sounds when I remove/insert S-pen). I don't care; I want those two things working all of the time.

BUT if some app goes rogue, I'd like to know. I really want a way to "whitelist" those two apps, but still get notifications if something goes haywire...
    Whitelisting does sound like a good idea. AFAIK, though, we can only either have notifications or not have them, globally. Of course AFAIK isn't all that far!
    11-11-2019 07:59 AM