Android 9 groups, do they backup and restore after phone wipe?

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
With Android 9 groupings on the "desktop", does anyone know from experience, if you wipe the phone and then restore the phone from a backup, if those groups get restored with all their items that were custom made?

Debating the need for Nova and its built in custom groups since this seems to be built in now. Or perhaps there is a way to back the built in ones up on its own (just backing up the groups)?

Thanks in advance

edit: samsung s8 here

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That might depend on the device. The Pixel devices running the Pixel Launcher likely will, any others are a stab in the dark as it's up to the device manufacturer or whoever built the launcher in use to support backing that stuff up...

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
That might depend on the device. The Pixel devices running the Pixel Launcher likely will, any others are a stab in the dark as it's up to the device manufacturer or whoever built the launcher in use to support backing that stuff up...

Mine is the samsung s8.

I do notice in the "samsung" cloud backup area it does list "home screen" but not sure if that keeps the groups.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine is the samsung s8.

I do notice in the "samsung" cloud backup area it does list "home screen" but not sure if that keeps the groups.
I found it a hit or miss if backup from cloud would put your home arrangements back the way it was , could also back up to smart switch and see if it will do that also it's been awhile since I restore from smart switch

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member