Android Q Beta 2 discussion

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Where are you seeing an option for a jet black theme?

Before upgrading to "Q" there was an option for dark mode in settings. It didn't do to much but apparently having it enabled caused the "Q" upgrade to adopt a dark mode. Now alot of the old stark white is jet black on my Pixel 2. Settings, lock screen notifications etc. I no longer find the dark mode option in settings. It's a personal preference for sure but I like it alot better.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe that's correct I don't remember that being that way in the first beta either, seemed okay then.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe that's correct I don't remember that being that way in the first beta either, seemed okay then.

Photos was working fine in beta 1, but it's broken in beta 2. New photos taken are stored but not displayed in Google photos. You also can't find photos stored on your device using Google photos.

To be fair though, they did mention that apps relating to photos and what not were potentially not working in this build in their little blog.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My battery life has improved and apps run smoother on beta 2. I am really enjoying my phone more. Not had issues with photos app yet. My CCTV app crashes but I have a second phone so not urgent. Paypal allows me to use my fps because it wouldn't enable on beta 1

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Photos not going to Photos app here. They are going to 3rd party apps like Quickpic I use. I suspect Google will update the Photos app shortly.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use Snapseed. I get a different screen when I go into Snapseed now and it shows "recent" photos. Some of the "recent" photos are from January and February. If I asked to see Google Photos it they stop with April 3rd.

Edit: I just tried Google Photos on my Chromebook. The photos stopped on April 3rd there, too. Apparently, the problem is in the most recent Google Photos update and not the beta for Android Q.

Last edited:

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Using Q2 here.... No major issues at all. The only thing I've noticed is that FB messenger bubble heads lose focus, but that's extremely minor

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Photos not going to Photos app here. They are going to 3rd party apps like Quickpic I use. I suspect Google will update the Photos app shortly.

This was posted in the beta thread

If you allow Permissions to Photos and Videos for both Camera and Google Photos it fixes the issue.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
This was posted in the beta thread

If you allow Permissions to Photos and Videos for both Camera and Google Photos it fixes the issue.
Thanks, Mike. This just started with Beta 2. Your suggestion worked. I should have realized that each new beta might reset the permissions.

emadhussien

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Google photos seems broken with beta 2. New photos i take with the camera are not showing up in the photos app and you also can't access photos in your device folders from photos.

I guess this should be expected since Google said some media apps are not working with beta 2.

I finally found a 100% working fix for the issue. please check my latest video to see a step by step guide: https://youtu.be/22eaKXnHrj0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa