Picture in picture mode

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so Android has had the picture picture mode ever since pie 9. Just curious out of all of us with pixels and Android Q, how many of us here actually use picture in picture mode for Google maps or YouTube etc? I'll admit I don't use it nearly as much as I thought it would. When I'm watching YouTube I'm usually in full screen mode... when I'm GPSing in Google maps in the car I usually am still in full screen mode unless I have to multitask between a few different applications quickly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use it a lot in Pie but it's not working for me in Q at all.
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that! ironically enough, picture in picture mode on my 3XL with Q beta 4 is one of the features that work smoothly as hell! Versus Android Auto and RCS messaging in Android messaging.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use it in maps but only when multi tasking for a few mins like you mentioned. Its handy for not missing turns when doing that

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use it in maps but only when multi tasking for a few mins like you mentioned. Its handy for not missing turns when doing that
Haha yeah correct. And that's exactly what I meant in Google maps I realistically use picture and picture because you can visually see where the heck you are versus relying on voice guidance to tell you.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Love this wallpaper!!
Nice Nice, what do you think of my lock screen wallpaper from Zedge?
acfe76ba7ac658fc9849944b1cf109cf.jpg

forestinjersey

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the share. So for picture in picture you just back out to the home screen from YouTube? Can't believe I can't remember how this works...it's been a long day.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the share. So for picture in picture you just back out to the home screen from YouTube? Can't believe I can't remember how this works...it's been a long day.
yep yep exactly, for YouTube/Google maps, whenever you're in the application just swipe up to exit out of the application to the home screen and the application will stay live running on the home screen.