virus/malware???

scott sandry

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
i have the Galaxy S3 and when i try and open facebook it says i have lost connection. i also cannot open google play, the internet or use any app that connects online. can anybody help??

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if you were downloading cracked apps you run the risk, but if you just download from the store I think your issue is elsewhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Back up your stuff and do a factory reset. Probably faster than trying to fix it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Well, before you go through all that...are you on wifi and sure your Internet connection is working?

I'd make sure that (1) wifi is off and (2) I have a 3G or 4G data signal, THEN make sure you can access the network services you describe in the OP.

If your device isn't rooted *AND* you haven't installed any questionable apps, the chances of malware are slim (although not non-existent) ... you will want to rule out any network issues before doing anything drastic though...at least I would.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
thanks, but i just download from the google play store.

"From the Google Play Store" doesn't necessarily mean safe. It helps to make sure everything is from reputable developers. Some apps will be rated 5-stars, with a bunch of blank reviews. These are usually ones you should stay away from.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Well if you were downloading cracked apps you run the risk, but if you just download from the store I think your issue is elsewhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Why was it automatically assumed the OP was downloading cracked apps? :confused:

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Why was it automatically assumed the OP was downloading cracked apps? :confused:
Perhaps because the title of the post was 'virus/malware'? :p Seems like a logical conclusion...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the same message after attempting to create a FB account. I deleted the app and redown-loaded it several times from Play Store. I also deactivated the account and tried to create an acct several times. I'm getting on FB, but still getting that error msg. I have paid "Lookout" antivirus/anti-malware installed on my device.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am running Norton on mine and I don't believe it has affected performance in any negative way at all. I feel much better knowing I have a level of protection in place.

I would try the factory reset if you have confirmed that data is turned on and you have a good connection and it still doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty