09-06-2017 02:18 AM
52 123
tools
    I know this questions has come up and been answered, probably by those that make antivirus apps... however with the ever changing face of Android and new companies creating new apps all the time, is there a way to know what is the best antivirus app? also, what about having multiple antivirus apps on your phone, kinda like the top two to make sure you are really protected? yeah, I am one of those paranoid people new to android
    04-08-2013 05:39 PM
    I use AVG Mobilation it works for me and it also has Anti-theft support where you can locate, wipe and other options incase the unfortunate happens, so yea I think its good..heres a link in case u wanna check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bnRpdmlydXMiXQ..
    04-08-2013 06:06 PM
    thx @3neekimmy you by chance know if it is really free? for example I looked at lookout and it's free but also offer a paid version... and not that I don't mind free, just thinking that a paid version may be more the way to go
    04-08-2013 06:50 PM
    Anti-virus apps for Android are useless, they cause more problems then they solve.
    Greg C and RunawayBeing like this.
    04-08-2013 07:21 PM
    I prefer AVG. The most Downloaded Antivirus app on android market is the avg antivirus.It is completely free.It block spams in call and messages,malware scanner,run time protection,task killer,web surfer,monitors internal as well as external storage.It is also has a premium version.
    04-09-2013 02:15 AM
    You do know that you DON'T need any antivirus for your phone right? The only thing that my friends and myself have ran accross is when you download something that rarely will your phone get hit with spam. Simple solution to this problem...........delete the app that's causing the spam. Antivirus apps only prevent this and use memory. My personal experience and opinion.............don't get one.
    04-09-2013 07:04 AM
    thx @3neekimmy you by chance know if it is really free? for example I looked at lookout and it's free but also offer a paid version... and not that I don't mind free, just thinking that a paid version may be more the way to go
    Yea its really free like no hidden "pay for this scheme"
    04-09-2013 03:31 PM
    Anti-virus apps for Android are useless, they cause more problems then they solve.
    Yep and totally unnecessary.
    Allen_B likes this.
    04-09-2013 03:42 PM
    As a newbie looking at Android (researching at this point) this is why I joined this board.

Wondering about AV stuff for Android. Seems like if you are a knowledgable user and aware of the usual dangers of phishing, rouge links and crap downloads then it would seem unnecessary...

/r

Allen
    04-10-2013 08:25 PM
    Why so? I use DrWeb and I have faced no problems with viruses.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    04-11-2013 05:09 AM
    Why so? I use DrWeb and I have faced no problems with viruses.
    It's been proven they see legit apps as viruses, and let some through if you do manage to get one. They're just not needed to keep your phone secure, being smart is more than enough.
    04-11-2013 12:36 PM
    If you're looking for something if your phone stolen, try Cerberus. It's great!

Personally, I'm with the "you don't need anti-virus, just be smart" crowd. But there isn't anything wrong with putting a trusted service on your device, especially if it's free. I have two AV apps on my Droid DNA right now that I'm trying to decide which I like more. Not because I feel I need it, but because there's nothing wrong with having that extra security.

For anyone who says they just take up memory... So what! Phones these days come with uber amounts of RAM and Android is designed to use a certain amount of it no matter what's installed on your phone. Unless you're a "power user," having extra memory is a joke. The only apps I just don't use are auto task killers. With android, they are pointless.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-2013 09:39 AM
    Thanks @oOMavrikOo, great insight. If you don't mind me asking, which two are your looking at and what do you like about one more than the other? I figured I will end up doing what you are doing and test a few and then narrow it down.
    04-12-2013 12:06 PM
    I use Norton i face no problem regarding virus. I also get support from Norton help team at any time.
    04-15-2013 06:12 AM
    Thanks @oOMavrikOo, great insight. If you don't mind me asking, which two are your looking at and what do you like about one more than the other? I figured I will end up doing what you are doing and test a few and then narrow it down.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back. I've decided to stick with Avast. It's got a simple enough interface and all of the things I need, such as app scanning whenever I sideload an apk.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2013 10:32 AM
    i m using Appriva could antivirus working great for me so far its also available on google play store and have 4.5 score you should download it and give it a try here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...priva.av&hl=en
    04-19-2013 09:27 AM
    I plan on using LookOut..
    04-19-2013 09:57 AM
    Heres some info, for anyone considering an antivirus app, that I use.

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/mobile-devices/android/

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-19-2013 01:21 PM
    I am using Advanced mobile care and I have faced no problems with viruses.
    iobitlori and KaterinaM like this.
    04-21-2013 11:05 PM
    I think there is reason to test it.
    04-23-2013 04:51 AM
    I use lookout and its great. It does the job.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    04-23-2013 11:50 PM
    I think for me , Quick Heal mobile security app is pretty good. Clean, fast and good features https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...platform&hl=en
    05-17-2013 05:23 AM
    I use Lookout.

Sent from my HTC One
    05-17-2013 08:41 AM
    Bitdefender - Uses online Scan when apps are installed, or updated...does not tie up phone with un-needed files. But I would agree that if you just be smart in what you're downloading, it should not be needed. I like the Bitdefender because it does keep me protected, and the "lost or stolen phone" interface, similar to the one I was accustomed to on my iphone. (iCloud, Find iPhone App.)
    05-19-2013 02:33 PM
    I know this questions has come up and been answered, probably by those that make antivirus apps... however with the ever changing face of Android and new companies creating new apps all the time, is there a way to know what is the best antivirus app? also, what about having multiple antivirus apps on your phone, kinda like the top two to make sure you are really protected? yeah, I am one of those paranoid people new to android
    I use Lookout. It is free but also offers paid features. I don't use the paid features because the free ones work for me. When I had iPhone used Lookout too and works great. I know the Play Store has other ones but not sure how those are. Check them out and see which one you like best and works for your needs.
    05-20-2013 02:16 AM
52 123