Virgin Media second box replacement

FatBoyClam

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

This is a UK, Virgin Media subscriber specific question, sorry.

I'm thinking of changing my VM subscription which currently has a V6 box in the living room and classic TiVo in the kitchen to drop the second room. I hardly watch anything live broadcast these days, but more recorded or streamed.

I'm looking for anyone who has (preferably successful) experience of running the Virgin TV Control app on an Android TV box, as I'm thinking I could run Netflix, Amazon Video and iPlayer (main On Demand services I use), DNLA streaming of local media on the NAS (more limited use these days, probably principally audio) and use the Virgin App to stream recordings from the V6 box into the second room (like I can on my phone, only plugged into a TV). This would give me a pretty much ideal, and more streamlined, setup than my current one (as the Classic TiVo doesn't handle Amazon or DNLA and iPlayer and Netflix apps are cumbersome at best).

Anyone with experience/recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
Cal

FatBoyClam

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Additional info: part of the plan is to potentially downgrade the TV package provided by Virgin, reducing channels, potentially mitigated by a NowTV subscription, so if the recommendation/experience covers NowTV that'd be just superb :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk