M9X tv box firmware upgrade from Lollipop 5.1 newest AOS

Darfyddi

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I have, according to amazon, the following:

BQEEL M9X Android TV Box Amlogic S905 Chipset Kodi 16.0 Full Loaded Android 5.1 Lollipop OS TV Box Quad Core 1G/8G 4K Google Streaming Media Players with WiFi HDMI DLNA

We use it for catch up TV but BBC iPlayer no longer works and I guess it is due to Lollipop 5.1. The automatic firmware update does not work and I can not find online a specific firmware pack for M9X - loads for MXQ etc but I am worried I will brick it if I don't find a specific M9X update.

Almost every site I have found keeps going on about Kodi - I know it is on the box but I still don't know what it is and therefore do not care about at the moment. All I want to do is to see if I can install the latest or one of the latest Android OS on it. And before anyone suggests 'just buy a new box' - we are saving up for a nvidia shield or something similar but that will be about 10 months of saving for us.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction I shall be very greatful, thank you and thank you for your time to read this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87