Rotate is not working in my android box.

eShowcase

May 30, 2018
Visit site
The android system is 7.1.2, rotation control apps is used in this android box, but it always showing in the same direction.

I cannot make it to reverse portrait and reverse landscape. I tried tested the rotation control apps in samsung android tab and it is work fine. So I'm so confuse that it is not working in my android box.

Is android box be fixed in the same direction already when the android system was installed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Auto-rotate requires the device to have an orientation sensor (i.e., an accelerometer). It'd be very unusual for an Android TV box to have an orientation sensor (why would it?), so it's likely that the TV box doesn't have the ability to rotate the screen orientation.

Anuj1010

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Hi, this can done, rotation is just a property that is disabled in TV Boxes, so no need to worry, follow the following steps :

1) install the RootBrowser App and Open then app
2) Navigate to the Systems Folder
3) In systems folder you will find a file named build.prop
4) Open the file (build.prop) in any editor and edit the line with the property (any of these three properties will be there depending on the firmware)
- ro.sf.disabledrotation=1 (change the value to zero to enable rotation),
- ro.sf.disablerotation=false(change value to true),
- ro.sf.hwrotation=0 to (any of the values 0,90,180,270,360),

5) After making the edit go back it will prompt to save the file, once saved you are done.
6) Now just restart the machine once
7) Install a Rotation App (if the property of ro.sf.hwrotation=0 is there you dont need to install the rotation app, just replace the value of the rotation degree instead of '0' and save the file-build.prop) you are done, now your android TV box can rotate however you want.

I have used and tried it in Rockchip, Allwinner and Amlogic based boxes here and all of them have a mix of these properties or any one of these properties in the system/build.prop file.

Any Model MXQ-PRO, R 69, S8 Mini, V88

So yes rotation in any TV Box is easily possible.

The android system is 7.1.2, rotation control apps is used in this android box, but it always showing in the same direction.

I cannot make it to reverse portrait and reverse landscape. I tried tested the rotation control apps in samsung android tab and it is work fine. So I'm so confuse that it is not working in my android box.

Is android box be fixed in the same direction already when the android system was installed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that solution! I also moved this to the Android TV forum for more specific traffic.

videostorm

Jul 31, 2019
Visit site
There are also apps like SetOrientation that allow you to swap it on the fly. I use this for a TV that is on a rotating mount. Basically a work around for no orientation sensor.

You do need to make sure it is enabled in the build prop first though (which means root access).

Javimetalblack

Oct 18, 2019
Visit site

If you are developer, try this method:
Developers: ¿How to rotate the screen on Exodux Android TV Box? - EXODUX Box

There is an APP demo for testing rotation and open source code.

Of course, it will depend also on the other build.prop properties, but you can change them from runtime too.

Also you can try to do the changes by adb from computer and finally use the "sync" command, then try to make the changes persistent.

Hope can help

doc43000

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this can done, rotation is just a property that is disabled in TV Boxes, so no need to worry, follow the following steps :

1) install the RootBrowser App and Open then app
2) Navigate to the Systems Folder
3) In systems folder you will find a file named build.prop
4) Open the file (build.prop) in any editor and edit the line with the property (any of these three properties will be there depending on the firmware)
- ro.sf.disabledrotation=1 (change the value to zero to enable rotation),
- ro.sf.disablerotation=false(change value to true),
- ro.sf.hwrotation=0 to (any of the values 0,90,180,270,360),

5) After making the edit go back it will prompt to save the file, once saved you are done.
6) Now just restart the machine once
7) Install a Rotation App (if the property of ro.sf.hwrotation=0 is there you dont need to install the rotation app, just replace the value of the rotation degree instead of '0' and save the file-build.prop) you are done, now your android TV box can rotate however you want.

I have used and tried it in Rockchip, Allwinner and Amlogic based boxes here and all of them have a mix of these properties or any one of these properties in the system/build.prop file.

Any Model MXQ-PRO, R 69, S8 Mini, V88

So yes rotation in any TV Box is easily possible.

Sorry to open up an old topic but my TV box (A95x max) does not have these lines to edit.
It is running 8.1. I am not sure what I can do to rotate to portrait. Thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463