Google play music on LG C9 OLED

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have just bought a the 2019 LG C9 OLED TV and I have a subscription to google play music. As it has the webos operating system I have found the only way to play music is to cast it from my phone. Is there anyway that I can open the app on my TV directly without casting? I would be happy to buy a chromecast/Roku if it will work.

goldieabroad

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I have just bought a the 2019 LG C9 OLED TV and I have a subscription to google play music. As it has the webos operating system I have found the only way to play music is to cast it from my phone. Is there anyway that I can open the app on my TV directly without casting? I would be happy to buy a chromecast/Roku/shield if it will work. (Im not in the USA)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only way you could open GPM directly on the TV would be if the GPM app were available to install from the TV's app store. Have you searched for it there?

goldieabroad

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately LG doesn't have google play on their store. From my research it seems that it comes down to the mi-box as the cheapest option. any other suggestions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How? Chromecasts are super cheap (unless you want to get the 4K version, which is still cheap by 4K standards). You can also try Roku Sticks (just not 100% sure GPlay Music is available on Roku, I know YouTube and most apps are, but not sure).