Cannot cast to Chromecast from Galaxy Note 10+ 5G

Jimmydoe121

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys

I just cannot get my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G to cast to my Chromecast plugged in the back of my TV.

Little background. I have successfully cast to my TV for many years now with my Galaxy Note 4. I had Google home installed, until they stopped supporting that phone, and used to watch Netflix. But as you can see in my videos below, I am still able to easily connect say YouTube on the Galaxy Note 4 via Chromecast to my TV.

Whereas I can't connect via Google Home nor any apps on my Ga;axy Note 10+ 5G. Given that they're both Android, you would think this would be a doddle.

I'm attaching the error message I get. I've tried resetting the phone, and the chromecast. They're both on the same wifi network. Not sure what else to do

and

Thanks

IMG-20240127-WA0004.jpg

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I've also tried casting from my laptop and an apple iphone and all work phone. It's just this damn phone. And this is the one thing I want to be able to cast from. Cheers
So you are trying to cast to the Chromecast to use that to watch a vid on tv? doesn't chrome cast have the option to mirror? It's the same as casting.