Is there an app that posts full text of incoming text on watch face???

spaulb37

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I get many texts to chauffeur my teenagers that I need to answer quickly. When I get an incoming text on my lg g smartwatch (cheapest one) it just notifies me of a list of texts. If I swipe to the left goes to my agenda not a list of the texts. So I have no way to read incoming texts. Very frustrating. Reinstalled google voice. That too only gave lists of incoming texts before it stopped working entirely. Is there any way (third party app?) to get the body of an incoming text on the watch face?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
PS: One thing I forgot to mention:

The app's screenshots miss one important fact - when you receive an incoming text, it will initially be displayed across the bottom 1/4 or so of the watchface. All you need to do then is to scroll up to see the full text and then scroll left to choose from a list of canned replies or speak a custom reply.

If you don't do anything with an incoming text for several seconds, the text will self-hide at the very bottom of the watchface, just like any other notification.

spb37

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
What you have described is exactly what I seek. Fingers crossed that it works for me as well as it does for you. Thanks so much.

spb37

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
In case Coffee doesn't work (switched to tea years ago) appreciate any other suggestions if anyone knows of other messaging android wear applications (that display full text of incoming messages) or a way to get the native messaging app to display full text of incoming messages.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine displays the person info along the bottom (Moto 360) or the beginning of the message depending on watch state, and then I swipe up to give me full message. I can then swipe from right to left and it shows me the last few messages.

I use evolve sms for my messaging program though, so I don't know if that matters.

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine displays the person info along the bottom (Moto 360) or the beginning of the message depending on watch state, and then I swipe up to give me full message. I can then swipe from right to left and it shows me the last few messages.

I use evolve sms for my messaging program though, so I don't know if that matters.

Posted via the Android Central App

FWIW, I also use EvolveSMS on my phone but I find that Coffee has (currently) a much more user-friendly interface on the watch.

spb37

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Coffee works great. It is very similar to the native functiionality on the qualcolm toq, so much so that I wonder if the toq was the inspiration. Thanks so much.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Chomp on my Moto 360 and it works well. Incoming texts are just a snippet at the bottom. I am then able to tap it and scroll up to read all of the text on the watch face itself. Swiping provides options.

Sent from my HTC One M8 on Verizon via Tapatalk