Golf App for smart watch?

rstites38829

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have saw the apps that let you keep score and such on your watch but does any one know if there is a smart watch app that will replace the watches that Garmin has built just for golf? They recognize the course your on and give you distance to the pin and such.

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
To do this the watch would have to have GPS itself, I imagine, which would narrow it down to the Sony Smartwatch 3. I do remember that a golf app does work with the SW3 and the watch even came with a little flyer for a GPS golf app. Sadly, I don't remember the app as I do not play golf 😢 .

I'll try to hunt it down for you tho and report back here.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking for an app for your watch where you could leave your phone in your car or at home, I don't know of any. But if you're looking for an app that drives your watch from the phone I use Golf Pad GPS. It works awesome for allowing you to see distances to the front, middle and back of the green, mark the location of your shots and keep score. Can keep the phone in your pocket or golf bag. My only complaint right now is that you cannot select what club you hit when marking the location of your shots (you can only do this on the phone right now).

It's a free app, go ahead and check it out!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.contorra.golfpad&token=D-LTMvcu

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
To do this the watch would have to have GPS itself, I imagine, which would narrow it down to the Sony Smartwatch 3. I do remember that a golf app does work with the SW3 and the watch even came with a little flyer for a GPS golf app. Sadly, I don't remember the app as I do not play golf 😢 .

I'll try to hunt it down for you tho and report back here.

The name of the app I was referring to above is "Golf Shot" (link below)... One thing tho... It is a pay app, so you may have to pay to use all the smartwatch features.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.shotzoom.golfshot2&token=Uk1QXJtj

FAiello

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for an app for your watch where you could leave your phone in your car or at home, I don't know of any. But if you're looking for an app that drives your watch from the phone I use Golf Pad GPS. It works awesome for allowing you to see distances to the front, middle and back of the green, mark the location of your shots and keep score. Can keep the phone in your pocket or golf bag. My only complaint right now is that you cannot select what club you hit when marking the location of your shots (you can only do this on the phone right now).

It's a free app, go ahead and check it out!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.contorra.golfpad&token=6K64Vic7

You can with Golf Tags and a NFC phone

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You can with Golf Tags and a NFC phone

You're correct, what I meant was without additional cost. Golf Tags cost $100, adding a screen to select what club you just hit after you tapped "+shot" would take a developer 5 minutes to implement.

Just ticks me off that they are deliberately holding back that feature just to try to sell more of their "Golf Tags". They invested poorly in technology and now are continuing to force that bad decision on their customers. Sure Golf Tags are nice for those who do not have a smart watch, but those of use who have them should be able to use them to their fullest.

Bit, I'm not bitter.... 😉

snsn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Golf Pad GPS
I just tried using this and was a little disappointed.
To use it on my Huawei watch you need to pay the $20.00 premium.
I was leaving my phone in the cart and it continually lost the connection.
Once that happened it had to start all over again and didn't forward to the next hole.
The yardage was accurate when it was working, so I ended up using it just for that.
The watch only shows the yardage, it doesn't show the course as the phone does.
I found it difficult to add shots for my round from the watch with the lost connections, it became too confusing and my golf play is confusing enough!
Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

hts1190

Jul 1, 2018
Visit site
My opinion is that GolfPad is superb when linked between your (In my case, Samsung) phone and Gear fit2 pro smartwatch. I paid the $20 = it is easily worth it.

On your watch during play, you have distance to the green and ability to keep score directly from the watch. Shot tracking (look it up) is also available. There's more. Flawless so far for me. If you need more detail, like accurate overhead view of the hole or distance to hazards, just pull out the phone. Otherwise, leave the phone in your pocket or on the cart.