Confused by all the options

DanDan1234

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site
Hello

New here :) been an Android user all my life and I'm looking to make the jump into the smart watch family too...
but I find the Smartwatch and then also the Wear OS market quite convoluted and confusing...

I'm looking for a good all rounder with good battery, NFC / basic fitness tracker etc etc that looks decent and was hoping for some good suggestions. I was eyeing up the Fossil sport.
Though my big hesitation was whether the general consensus now that we are in July is whether I'm better off holding out till the autumn big releases ?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Wear OS watches are not known for their long battery life. There are a couple out there that can last more than a day, but that's about it. The only one I can think of right now is the Polar M600. It leans towards being more of a fitness watch than just a watch. It's a great one though. Charging your watch every night might not sound like a bad thing. However, that really gets in the way of any type of watch based sleep tracking, and if you go to an event or party or whatever right after work and don't have a way to charge the watch on the go, you'll be wearing a dead bracelet before the night's over for sure.
I've read that the new batch of smartwatches coming out this fall are going to have much better battery life. If I were you, I'd wait. See what's released. Watch a few reviews. Then, decide on a watch that you like. If you just want to dive in right now, I'd go for the most recent Fossil watches. Also, you might want to check out the Ticwatch brand. I've never owned a watch from them, but I've seen some pretty positive reviews. If you're into fitness, you can't go wrong with the Polar M600. It's been my favorite watch for a couple of years now.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wear OS watches are not known for their long battery life. There are a couple out there that can last more than a day, but that's about it. The only one I can think of right now is the Polar M600. It leans towards being more of a fitness watch than just a watch. It's a great one though. Charging your watch every night might not sound like a bad thing. However, that really gets in the way of any type of watch based sleep tracking, and if you go to an event or party or whatever right after work and don't have a way to charge the watch on the go, you'll be wearing a dead bracelet before the night's over for sure.
I've read that the new batch of smartwatches coming out this fall are going to have much better battery life. If I were you, I'd wait. See what's released. Watch a few reviews. Then, decide on a watch that you like. If you just want to dive in right now, I'd go for the most recent Fossil watches. Also, you might want to check out the Ticwatch brand. I've never owned a watch from them, but I've seen some pretty positive reviews. If you're into fitness, you can't go wrong with the Polar M600. It's been my favorite watch for a couple of years now.
My Huawei 2 lasts a couple of days

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I should have mentioned my Huawei Watch 2 that I had a while back. Huawei does make some good watches. Thanks for mentioning that one.
No sweat...lol

When it comes to wearables I'm always on the fence as to whether or not they are worth the effort but I do take advantage of some of the features.

What I don't understand is why Wear OS has such a bad rep. Does Apple really do it that much better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez