Disconnecting my smart watches from my Nexus 6p

Jedroid

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up the new Nexus 6p and added two smart watches to it. A 1st Gen moto 360 and an Asus zen watch. On my last phone in the device settings in the Android Wear app there were switches to disconnect and reconnect each watch individually. The nexus 6p just constantly searches for the watches or if I'm near them both is constantly connected to both. This is annoying and I'm guessing probably uses up some unnecessary battery life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Sadly in the latest version of the Android Wear app (which I'm guessing your Nexus 6p has), the "connect/disconnect" toggle switch was removed by Google. Not sure why this was done exactly, however the rumor is that the ability to connect/disconnect will be moved to the watch's settings in a future update.

Your not alone and its not you (or your 6p), for the time being you can put the watch your not using into airplane mode which will prevent it from connecting to your phone. Unfortunately, your phone and the AW app will still visually search for the watch 😢 . I have simply let the AW app "try to connect" indefinitely all day to both my Sony SW3 & 1st Gen Moto 360, as I am usually wearing my Asus ZenWatch 1 and have not noticed a dramatic battery drain on my Nexus 5x yet (which has a much smaller battery than yours 6p).

Just my .02 for what it's worth....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty