Android Market installed, unable to download apps

sweetinabug

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
This is my first android device and I'm really stuck. I have an Archos 70, 250gb.
I've installed the Android market, version 5, and done the market fix. I'm still unable to download any apps from the market. It remains stuck on "starting download" and and never goes any further.
I have tried to reset the device and reinstall, cleared the cache for the market and the download manager.
Any advice? I'm rather frustrated as my main objective for getting this archos was a combined kindle/ nook reader, with some web browsing.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is my first android device and I'm really stuck. I have an Archos 70, 250gb.
I've installed the Android market, version 5, and done the market fix. I'm still unable to download any apps from the market. It remains stuck on "starting download" and and never goes any further.
I have tried to reset the device and reinstall, cleared the cache for the market and the download manager.
Any advice? I'm rather frustrated as my main objective for getting this archos was a combined kindle/ nook reader, with some web browsing.
where did you get the apk and what was it called?

thurm2000

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. I too have the 250gb model. I finally did get it to work after clearing the caches prior to downloading any apps. One question to start off. Did you upgrade to Froyo first? And get rid of appslib.
If you didn't, try that. I reinitialized my tablet and didn't install the Archos apps too. I didn't find any of them useful anyway.

sweetinabug

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. I too have the 250gb model. I finally did get it to work after clearing the caches prior to downloading any apps. One question to start off. Did you upgrade to Froyo first? And get rid of appslib.
If you didn't, try that. I reinitialized my tablet and didn't install the Archos apps too. I didn't find any of them useful anyway.
I finally got it to work today. I think it was the wifi, it started working when I got back home today and hooked up to my wifi connection.
I'd previously been using hotel. library wifi.
I had upgraded to froyo but had appslib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member