Installed new battery recently, device feels like new.

hrp1618

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
This is such a beautiful device right?

I had added a battery replacement for this one to my Amazon India saved list for a while and was waiting for a decent price drop as it was not a free delivery.

Grabbed the battery around Thanksgiving (it's a global holiday now) and the delivery came over the weekend. Installed the battery right away and man-o-man using the phone has never felt better. Went from 5.5 hrs a day to 10 instantly. (It's a secondary device for me so charging it twice a day was not too bad but I won't miss doing it. My primary is a 12 mini. Apple cancelling mini iPhones is another heart shaped wreckage.)

LG has great design chops but their marketing sucks balls!!! Imagine what a force this device would have been with good advertising.

The only thing that would make Christmas better is if they gave this phone the promised Android 12 update. My device is US unlocked and was bought directly without being ever tied to any carrier although I have mainly used it in India. So carrier phones got updated while I missed out on 12.

Although I have heard that A12 is significantly more buggy than A11 so maybe missing the update window was a blessing in disguise.

I plan to use this fellow for another 30 months or so before grabbing another Android. For now, am thinking Motorola or Nokia for my next although Pixel is promising but let's see wehre the market is then. I am a never Samsung guy, I hate bloatware.

Has anyone else here done a battery replacement and given this phone a new lease on life? Kindly share your journey with this little marvel. Cheers!

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've done a fair few battery replacements of various devices, but not a G8 specifically. It's worth doing as long as you can find reputable parts.

I kinda gave up on that when adhesives started becoming the norm though. I have the patience to undo and sort a couple of dozen screws, but not to mess around with heat guns and spudgers.I'd say Black Friday is global, Thanksgiving is still American.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter