I have an ASUS Chromebook C300S connected via cable to an HP Laserjet Pro P1102w printer. The ASUS recognizes the printer, and attempts to print to it. But nothing happens. The cable is connected to the USB port on the right side of the ASUS. I've connected the ASUS to my HP Laserjet P2035 and printed successfully, and connected the Laserjet P1102w to my desktop and printed successfuly. So, it's just when they are connected together that I can't print.
    07-09-2020 10:14 AM
    Did you select Hp laser jet as default?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-09-2020 11:09 AM
    I selected it in the drop down menu ... thanks for the invite, too
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-09-2020 02:18 PM
    I selected it in the drop down menu ... thanks for the invite, too
    Your welcome! And welcome to AC

Does it show it as default when you check printer?
    07-09-2020 02:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the printer connected to a wi-fi network? If so, it should be easy to print wirelessly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-09-2020 05:46 PM
    Mustang: The printer appears as the default option when I try to print. In the ADVANCED SETTINGS / PRINTING the printer is the only item under printers.

Diddy: I don't see the computer in a wi-fi network, but I do have the option of printing to it when the internet cable is disconnected. Am I suppose to do something at the printer if I want wi-fi --- there is a "radio tower" icon button that turns on a blue light on the printer.
    Both: When I send a page to print the green ready light goes off at the printer --- so the signal is getting that far, I assume. Sometimes I get a message that it's printing (but it doesn't) and sometimes I get a fail message. Yes, I did test the printer on another computer.
    07-10-2020 07:11 AM
    I don't see the computer in a wi-fi network, but I do have the option of printing to it when the internet cable is disconnected. Am I suppose to do something at the printer if I want wi-fi --- there is a "radio tower" icon button that turns on a blue light on the printer.
    Do you mean you don't see the printer in a wi-fi network? If both the printer and the Chromebook are connected to the same network, you should be able to print using Chrome Print. When you go to print something, and if you don't see the printer automatically show up in Destination, click the Destination option and then See More, and look for it there.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2020 09:05 AM
    Mustang: The printer appears as the default option when I try to print. In the ADVANCED SETTINGS / PRINTING the printer is the only item under printers.

Diddy: I don't see the computer in a wi-fi network, but I do have the option of printing to it when the internet cable is disconnected. Am I suppose to do something at the printer if I want wi-fi --- there is a "radio tower" icon button that turns on a blue light on the printer.
    Both: When I send a page to print the green ready light goes off at the printer --- so the signal is getting that far, I assume. Sometimes I get a message that it's printing (but it doesn't) and sometimes I get a fail message. Yes, I did test the printer on another computer.
    Was it ok on the other computer you tested?
    07-10-2020 09:14 AM
    Printer works fine on the other computer
    07-10-2020 10:57 AM
    Printer works fine on the other computer
    Gotta be setting on that computer with a issue
    07-10-2020 11:02 AM

You need to connect the printer to your wifi network by entering the SSID and password of your router to use it wirelessly on your network.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-10-2020 12:22 PM