I don't know if this is just my OCD getting the best of me, but for some reason the speed at which the texts appear when I type in places like messages, FB comments, different forums, etc. have varying speeds, which isn't something I noticed before until 2 days ago. Before I switched to Google Keyboards, my Zen UI one was extremely noticeable in comparison because at the very least the former only the text was showing up a bit delayed, while on the other hand the latter was both(text and actual keyboard).

I use an Asus Zenfone max. Anyone know what might be the problem?
    07-15-2020 09:10 PM
    You using a screen protector?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-15-2020 09:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may have to do with those apps or sites. Poorly coded apps or glitchy sites could cause choppy text entry.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-15-2020 09:56 PM
    It happens to a number of sites. One glitch I've encountered, in fact, it just happened as I was typing this reply, is that text will stop registering as I type, even though haptic feedback continues. Then, I'll tap the Back button, and all missing typed text renders instantly. Occasionally, it will skip letters that were typed, and I have to go back and insert them. But yeah, web sites have variances in how they're set up and render when typing. I can dig your frustration!
    07-15-2020 10:02 PM
    It can also depend on what the app/site is doing as you type. For example, many search sites like to guess your search string as you type. This can easily slow things down.
    07-15-2020 11:30 PM
    What's weird about this is that this hasn't happened in those websites(Spacebattles forums, wikias) before but it did a few days ago. Even after switching to Google Keyboard the slightly delayed appearance of text still happens, it's just that the keyboard itself that doesn't lag anymore.
    07-15-2020 11:33 PM
    Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/a...m1/wipe-cache/
    07-16-2020 12:08 AM
    Is there any difference between this and just wiping out the cache for all apps?
    07-16-2020 12:28 AM
    The system cache partition is different from individual app caches.
    07-16-2020 01:48 AM
    I assume going to my storage and choosing "wipe cache for all apps" would have the exact same effect. In which case yes, I already did this just last week.
    07-16-2020 03:23 AM
    No, as I mentioned, app caches are different from the system cache partition. It's still worth wiping the system cache, and there's no harm in doing so.
    07-16-2020 11:57 AM