Battery old / deteriorating, notification?

Zakjoe1234

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi there.

Has anyone ever gotten this notification before? I had gotten my s9 plus in Aug 2018, and gotten this notification 3 or 4 times recently. However I'm wondering if its due to my storage? My phone is 128gb and 64 gb sd card that have about 1 gb free each.

I've got an appointment booked tomorrow evening to take it to Samsung, but was wondering if I should cancel? Plus it could be the lack of space. The battery life seems okay, not really amazing. Only lags or drains badly when I'm uploading to Google photos or on the telegram app.

Is out of warranty, and judging by the site it's £89 for a new battery. At that price I'd rather wait, and buy a new phone pay as you go, or upgrade my sim only so an S10+ or something else.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this a notification in your status bar, or a toast notification in the middle of the screen? Can you tell which app is giving you the notification?

Zakjoe1234

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Is this a notification in your status bar, or a toast notification in the middle of the screen? Can you tell which app is giving you the notification?

Notification in the status bar. I had gotten it 2 days ago, prior to that I received it 3-4 weeks ago.

I assumed it could say battery performance dropped since my phone and card are full, but someone on reddit said otherwise.

Zakjoe1234

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
The notification is no longer there, but yes it was device care.

The agent on the phone told me it sounds fine if my phone still charges, but booked me in for tomorrow anyway.

Just with things currently, don't wanna take unnecessary trips.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The notification is no longer there, but yes it was device care.

The agent on the phone told me it sounds fine if my phone still charges, but booked me in for tomorrow anyway.

Just with things currently, don't wanna take unnecessary trips.
If battery needs replacement, I say go for it at that price and keep the device little longer ?

Zakjoe1234

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I'll just take the risk. I was told the appointment was today. Waited around for an hour and a half to be told its booked for Thursday.

When the time is right, I'll just switch from Sim Only to an iPhone or another Samsung on contract. Can't be doing these wasted journeys, it's not the first time it's happened to me.

Thanks for the responses though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll just take the risk. I was told the appointment was today. Waited around for an hour and a half to be told its booked for Thursday.

When the time is right, I'll just switch from Sim Only to an iPhone or another Samsung on contract. Can't be doing these wasted journeys, it's not the first time it's happened to me.

Thanks for the responses though.
Understand , good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch