External mic disables internal speaker? Samsung A50.

bmooreryt

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I have a wireless mic connected (TRRS) into my Samsung A50. The mic works well, but the internal speaker doesnt work. On zoom calls, people can hear me ( via mic), but I can't hear them.

Hoping for some insight.
Thanks for the help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that the plug is engaging the contact for the speakers, and not just the mic -- and since your wireless mic has no speaker, you're just hearing nothing at all. What's the make and model of the wireless mic? Contact that company's support.

bmooreryt

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I am using a Saramonic Blink 500 wireless mic...( teaching online yoga class). The zoom app on Android lacks the ability to select the input ( mic), and output ( speaker) independently of one another.

On my Lenovo laptop, zoom has the ability to select the mic and speaker separately....everything works well.

I was hoping someone might have encountered my issue, and perhaps figured out a work around.

The mic manufacturer has no idea why this is happening.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the exact model number? Is it the Blink 500 B5 or B6? Other models are designed for other kinds of devices. Not sure if this makes a difference, but worth checking.

bmooreryt

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
The mic is Saramonic Blink 500 B1.

It connects into my Samsung A50 via TRRS 3.5mm plug.
I suspect I will need a splitter to separate the mic input from the speaker "headphone" output. If I connect an external speaker, the whole setup should simply look likea headset to my phone.

Interestingly, Android supports "Separate App Sound"
Settings/ Sound and Vibration / Separate App Sound"
Lets you choose an app to play over a bluetooth speaker.

Works well for Google apps... even w my mic plugged in.
Doesnt work for Zoom app....sigh.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The issue is within the hardware of the jack - if there's a plug in it, the speaker is disconnected. You could wire a speaker directly to the mic plug, or you could use a splitter to add an external speaker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non