How to move a camera image to another folder in my internal phone storage? Android 11, Pixel 3a

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How to move a camera image to another folder on my internal phone storage, into the documents folder?
I can select the image but there is no choice I can find for " move to". If I choose the three dots to the right of the file name, I can move to a secure folder, but a simple "move to" is just not available. I do not need or want a secure, password protected, folder.
I tried some suggestions from the web but they do not work.
Using Android 11, Pixel 3a,

thanks, CharlesInBelleville

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What file manager are you using? If you're using the Files by Google app (which is the stock file manager on a Pixel), tap Browse at the lower right, then scroll all the way down to Internal Storage. Now go to DCIM, then Camera. Find the photo file you want to move (make sure it's a file, not a folder), tap the 3-dot menu button associated with it, then "Move to."

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89