Chrome No Longer Recording Browsing History

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
All of the sudden, and without my having changed anything (at least intentionally), the Chrome browser on my phone is no longer recording my browsing history. I frequently use this function, so this is a significant problem for me. Does anyone know how to get it to start working again? Thank you.

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Sorry, I actually meant to mention that in my original post. No, I'm definitely not in Incognito. I do use Incognito mode sometimes and know that this behavior is exactly what's go to be expected when doing so, but this time it's definitely NOT in Incognito mode and is essentially acting like it is -- in that respect, at least. So, has to be something else. Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, I actually meant to mention that in my original post. No, I'm definitely not in Incognito. I do use Incognito mode sometimes and know that this behavior is exactly what's go to be expected when doing so, but this time it's definitely NOT in Incognito mode and is essentially acting like it is -- in that respect, at least. So, has to be something else. Thanks.
Are you in beta for Chrome?

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Definitely not. Everything completely standard, and, again, it's not like I knowingly changed anything -- it just suddenly stopped performing this function.

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Okay, please understand that this is a secondary phone for me which I use only for a specific work-related purpose (which is important to me), but it's the original Moto G (I also have a Moto G6 which I use for other purposes). So, yes, an old phone, but I still don't see why this should happen.

Okay, I'll try the clearing cache idea and report back shortly...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, please understand that this is a secondary phone for me which I use only for a specific work-related purpose (which is important to me), but it's the original Moto G (I also have a Moto G6 which I use for other purposes). So, yes, an old phone, but I still don't see why this should happen.

Okay, I'll try the clearing cache idea and report back shortly...
Force stop it afterwards also

frank53

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
I'm new to the forum, but I had this same issue. My browsing history on my MotoG7 Power suddenly disappeared. I just cleared cache and data, and did a force stop as suggested and I now have a 'Recommended For You' list. I know there is a way to switch that back to my list of recent searches, but I haven't found it. Anyone know?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the forum, but I had this same issue. My browsing history on my MotoG7 Power suddenly disappeared. I just cleared cache and data, and did a force stop as suggested and I now have a 'Recommended For You' list. I know there is a way to switch that back to my list of recent searches, but I haven't found it. Anyone know?

Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Okay, so far so good. However, it also doesn't ALWAYS happen (I probably should have mentioned that up top), so it's too early to say for sure. If/when I know more, I'll post it here. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I thought you were talking about your browser history -- the Google search history is a different thing. Open your Google app, tap More>Search History, and see if Saving History is turned on.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Since there has been no feedback on B. Diddy's last suggestion the thing I noticed reading through this is that it is a work phone. I guess they didn't say if it was provided by work or if this was one that has just been set aside for that purpose. If the former there are all kinds of things an employer can do to affect little things like this.

frank53

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. Well, this is interesting. First, yes, Saving History is on. I turned it off and back on, rebooted the phone. Nothing. Still not working last night. Woke up this morning, went to search something, and the list of recent searches is back! I hadn't made any changes since yesterday morning sometime. I guess it comes and goes as it sees fit. LOL! I'll see how long it lasts. Thanks for all the input!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad