I have straight talk as carrier I bought the phone brand new from motorola. I can send messages but not receive them back. Straight talk isn't any help either.
    04-03-2021 05:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this only for MMS (picture texts and group texts), or also for SMS (simple texts without pictures between only 2 people)?

Try the Reset Network Settings option: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS153512

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    04-03-2021 05:39 PM
    Hopefully you come back to get some help. Along with B. Diddy's questions I have one, is this an unlocked device?

In my experience with unlocked devices and SMS issues, I've always turned to my carrier. On two occasions they've told me that they had to restart something on my account and just like that my SMS works both ways. I have Verizon and you have Straight Talk but I wouldn't imagine they would be so different. So if they aren't being helpful you might just mention to whomever you talk to that, "last time this happened they said they had to restart my SMS service". Not the total truth but if it isn't working and they aren't helping it can't hurt to sway them just to try.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-03-2021 07:08 PM