How to Export Android Chrome Tabs to another Android device?

edo101

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I am trying to move to a new phone. My Galaxy Note 9 to Note 10+. Is there a non root way to move tabs from one device to another? Especially if you have a lot of tabs?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say tabs it sounds like you have 20 open tabs in your browser that you just never close. Could you mean favorites?

If you meant favorites that would be so much easier and yes there is a way to do that, effortlessly even. Once saved as a favorite you just have to be signed in to your Google account in Chrome and use the sync function. To sign in to Chrome just go to Google.com there you'll find a sign-in link at the top of the page. From there open the settings menu with the three dots in the upper corner and select Settings. Under your profile the first link is Sync. Touch that for more options. Syncing everything will include your favorites/bookmarks but you can choose to only sync some of your items.

Having looked at it to be sure I'm directing you correctly there is also an option to sync Open Tabs. So I guess even if you haven't saved them as favorites/bookmarks you can still sync open tabs but again you'll have to be signed in to do this.

If this is the first time adding items to be synced from your browser you'll probably have to go the extra step of going into your device settings and verifying that Auto sync is on. Settings>Accounts and backup, verify that Auto sync is on and your Google Profile is listed.

Then test on your new device or on another device where you can sign-in to your Google account.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This is what you should see under sync in your Chrome settings. You'll see number six is open tabs.

058b4920ba2ad74a9d0bd5918482efdc.jpg

edo101

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
When you say tabs it sounds like you have 20 open tabs in your browser that you just never close. Could you mean favorites?

If you meant favorites that would be so much easier and yes there is a way to do that, effortlessly even. Once saved as a favorite you just have to be signed in to your Google account in Chrome and use the sync function. To sign in to Chrome just go to Google.com there you'll find a sign-in link at the top of the page. From there open the settings menu with the three dots in the upper corner and select Settings. Under your profile the first link is Sync. Touch that for more options. Syncing everything will include your favorites/bookmarks but you can choose to only sync some of your items.

Having looked at it to be sure I'm directing you correctly there is also an option to sync Open Tabs. So I guess even if you haven't saved them as favorites/bookmarks you can still sync open tabs but again you'll have to be signed in to do this.

If this is the first time adding items to be synced from your browser you'll probably have to go the extra step of going into your device settings and verifying that Auto sync is on. Settings>Accounts and backup, verify that Auto sync is on and your Google Profile is listed.

Then test on your new device or on another device where you can sign-in to your Google account.

I actually mean tabs. Long standing tabs I wish to view later. So far my one new mobile bookmark is not synching despite doing it on both devices

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sync isn't instant. Usually. Probably because it syncs all your Google stuff all at once, so it may only do it once or twice a day.

I tried looking for a way to manually sync the account from the device settings and couldn't find one. Perhaps in the Google app there's a sync now option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non