An other question about the LG phone

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
This is also about the LG LM-K500MM phone. To the left of the home screen is a bunch of video's, ad's and so on. This video's and ad's came default with the phone when the phone was 1st turned on. How do I dump them?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like some sort of news or discovery feed. My phone doesn't have it, but I've seen it in others. Without being able to see it first hand and explore the settings menu, I have no idea how (or if) it can be removed. You may have to get a different launcher, Like Nova.

I'd also recommend you sign up for a free account here. That way you can respond to your threads to give more info and try to work through some of your questions more thoroughly. When posting anonymously, you're limited in what you can do here.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like some sort of news or discovery feed. My phone doesn't have it, but I've seen it in others. Without being able to see it first hand and explore the settings menu, I have no idea how (or if) it can be removed. You may have to get a different launcher, Like Nova.

I'd also recommend you sign up for a free account here. That way you can respond to your threads to give more info and try to work through some of your questions more thoroughly. When posting anonymously, you're limited in what you can do here.

Mooncatt I am already signed up for the free account here. My user name is "reble"

Mooncatt

Can you post a screenshot?

I have the screen capture saved on the phone. But I don't know how to move it off the phone to here.

Last edited by a moderator:

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Try chrome

I am in the forum in Chrome on both the phone and on the PC. But I can't unlock the phone to copy the screen capture to ether the PC via the USB cable or on the phone into the forum. The phone requests an unlock. Then comes back with "unlock failed, unable to connect to server". My local Wifi is turned on and working 100% and I have 100% signal bar on the cell phone from the nearest cell tower.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
There is 1 other way that I can copy the screen capture file to the PC. And that is copy the screen capture file to the SD card in the phone. Pull the SD card from the phone and plug the SD card into an adapter card. Then plug the adapter card into the laptop card reader. It will work. I have done it before. It still don't explain why the unlocker app doesn't work.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
This LG LM-K500MM phone is getting me relay frustrated. I did all the right steps to copy the screen capture file to the SD card and I keep getting the following error message. "wrong folder selected. chose the top folder level of your SD card". I even tried a different SD card, same result. I am just about to not only change phones again but also change cell phone company. The manager was very rude when I made a stink when the phone insurance wouldn't cover the complete phone replacement of the phone that I had before this one. The phone before this one (same phone model) had a lose connection on the mic and I had to thump the phone hard on the desk so the person that I was talking to could hear me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am in the forum in Chrome on both the phone and on the PC. But I can't unlock the phone to copy the screen capture to ether the PC via the USB cable or on the phone into the forum. The phone requests an unlock. Then comes back with "unlock failed, unable to connect to server". My local Wifi is turned on and working 100% and I have 100% signal bar on the cell phone from the nearest cell tower.
What do mean unlock the phone ? Is it asking permission on the phone to trust the computer?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This LG LM-K500MM phone is getting me relay frustrated. I did all the right steps to copy the screen capture file to the SD card and I keep getting the following error message. "wrong folder selected. chose the top folder level of your SD card". I even tried a different SD card, same result. I am just about to not only change phones again but also change cell phone company. The manager was very rude when I made a stink when the phone insurance wouldn't cover the complete phone replacement of the phone that I had before this one. The phone before this one (same phone model) had a lose connection on the mic and I had to thump the phone hard on the desk so the person that I was talking to could hear me.
Have you tried searching for Smart Bulletin, as I mentioned a few days ago?

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098088-20150129005024

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
What do mean unlock the phone ? Is it asking permission on the phone to trust the computer?

I don't know, this is an app. This is the 1st time that I ran across this unlock bit. Other Android versions you just tell the phone to turn on the USB data transfer in the settings, very state foward and to the point.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to post screenshots form the device would probably be to get the TapaTalk app from the Play Store, then sign in to the forum. It makes posting screenshots very simple and easy.

In the meantime I'm wondering;

Is this a Lifeline government phone?

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
The easiest way to post screenshots form the device would probably be to get the TapaTalk app from the Play Store, then sign in to the forum. It makes posting screenshots very simple and easy.

In the meantime I'm wondering;

Is this a Lifeline government phone?

The 2nd LG phone from Metro started acting up. I have to thump it on the desk to get the mic working. Also sometimes when i am talking to someone, the other person sometimes sounds like R2D2. And Metro won't replace the phone unless they see the phone acting up for them self's. Also they wont take the word of a friend of mine that experienced the phone acting up. So I told Metro to shove the phone where the sun don't shine. I have service with Cricket now.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I am setting up the new phone model LM-Q730AM I am having a problem importing the contact list from the root folder of the SD card. The phone says "NOvCard files" there. I know the file is there. I can manually see the file on the SD card where I saved the file from the other phone.

Last edited: